1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Salvage bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by racenrub, May 18, 2010.

1. racenrub

racenrub Active Member

Anyone know any websites/facilities that are trustworthy.:confused:

2. RoadracerR123

RoadracerR123 Well-Known Member

Don't do it. Visit my thread about ridesafely.com

3. If you are going that route, the best thing would be to find one you can go see/inspect in person.

NEVER trust somebody else's assessment of damage on a salvaged bike. They always make it sound better than it is.

4. JustinCase

JustinCase I Forget

Check with Ray Hymer. He can tell you all about them. Better hurry though... tic tock, tic tock.

5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Contact Racer 45 on here. He runs Midwest Cycle and Salvage. Very good guy to do buisness with. http://www.midwestcycle-salvage.com/home.htm

6. canalroadracing

canalroadracing Well-Known Member

If JB can't help you, I can:beer:

7. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I stand corrected. JB at Midwest AND the Sheehan's can get you what you need..

My bad Scott :D

8. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

Be careful and dont buy anything that u dont goto see in person,I made that mistake last yr and wasnt happy at all. My fault,Never again!

I have a few buids that went to argocycles and got some really nice bikes there.

Good luck

9. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

You can pm mille52 on here. I have bought two bikes off of him.Very good guy to deal with and makes really good deals. He doesnt have a website but if you call him or email him and he will send pics of whatever your looking for. Pm me if you want his number.

10. desmo

desmo Well-Known Member

I bought one last year off ebay and although it wasn't a complete basket case it needed more than the seller indicated. Every city has at least one salvage auction, I know the one here anyone can get a permit to buy at, no dealer license needed.

11. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Where is here? Ohio is the worest to get a salavge lic.

12. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

thanks Ben. Scott is good too. I've bought a bike from him :up:

13. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

He's got an MRA number in his .sig, so probably Colorado/Denver at a guess.

14. Cremean

Cremean backmarker

This.

15. mille52

mille52 Old, Slow and Not Crabby

PM sent

16. A_Racer

A_Racer New Member

Copart Auction has yards almost in all states. If you are a registered buyer you can come and see a bike. You can register here Copart They sell salvage and with a clean title vehicles. Just read carefully their terms and conditions.