1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sales Weasels Unite!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Aug 15, 2019.

1. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Salesperson - short for "annoying middleman between the customer and the guys who actually know what the fuck they're talking about". :D

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

[​IMG]

5axis and SGVRider like this.
  3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I'm a floor guy. You know, the ones who ACTUALLY do work and produce. Management, engineering, planners, buyers, logistics, ALLLLLLLLLL suck. Lol.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Aren't you the guy driving the finished pizza to the fat guy in his underwear after someone makes it and someone else sells it? :Poke:

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

i'm everything. i design, build, sell, test, budget, argue, defend, present, ... just accounting and legal is out of my scope.

6. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

We got one of our top sales guys a copy of our standard contract printed onto 5"x5" cocktail napkins
    500 of 'em

7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

No I quit that. Man boobs are not hot. Specially the 300 pound guys. Nor the 200 pound chicks. Bitches be all flagrant and shit. Fuck that.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What 'cha doing now?

9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Spending my last 5k on my house. Gotta find sumpin. Shit's gettin tight.

10. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I really hate to say it, but Metalhead's story is starting to sound eerily similar to caferace's stories.

Don't go to Mexico Richie whatever you do! :(

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap.

5K ain't much, start shaking the bushes for a gig that might suck but will fill your wallet. :)

12. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I’m in sales and would love to comment but I’m riding my dual sport for the next 9 days. Maybe I’ll reply when I get back.

13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

That is the type of skeezo that needs someone to put lumps all over his head. People like that give the whole profession a bad name.

Best sales guy I ever worked with never made the first sale because he relied on brutal honesty. But he knew what he was selling since he worked for the competition and also worked for me in the field and almost always got the followup work at an increased rate. He almost made me blow a snot bubble in a meeting one time as the client asked why the competition had so many more capabilities than we did. His response was "because they are fucking lying to you" and then went on to tell the client exactly how our competitor was going to screw them. The look on their faces was priceless. Even better was when the client called back because they ran off the people they originally gave the work to because our sales guy had nailed what the competition was going to do.

14. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I’m in sales and worked later than any of the “floor”people today to get the job done. Even told one guy to go home because he was getting all angry, sloppy, and driving dangerously on the fork lift because he was going to have to work an extra 30 minutes to finish a job he screwed up. I got on the fork lift and finished his job while he walked away to clock out.

We definitely have issues with some of our mill guys and their work ethics and will need to sort it out. Fking lazy old people.

I keep saying we have issues when we have sales finishing loading trucks that material handling and production keep fucking up after repeated instruction

Not the prettiest but it weighed out perfectly for the step deck trailer and will be delivered first thing Monday AM

[​IMG]

Phl218 and pscook like this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He has a house. He is way ahead of Jim.

16. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

He's also been this way for like 75 years or however old Richie is, I don't think this is new to him:crackup:

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You’re a good welder. Open up a little shop and take on cash jobs that interest you. Work when you need money, fuck off when you don’t.

Banditracer likes this.
  18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:stupid: Just keep it low key enough that the government don't come poking around thinking you're running a business. Cash only.

19. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I’m in sales, and while the floor guys get to go home at 5 everyday I am on the road. They sleep in their own beds, and I spend 200 nights a year in motels. They have weekends off, I have trade shows and windshield time. Sales is awesome.

shakazulu12 likes this.
  20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yeah, but you get to have an expense account, millions of travel points for personal trips, and a secret family in another town!