1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sales Presentation Software

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Jun 4, 2020.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The blonde woman is still recovering from the last surgery (doing fairly well for those of you keeping track). She is extremely cautious about lifting things of any significant weight after having another part of her retinal detach in April, her most recent surgery/recovery cycle.

She is an interior designer and has, in the past, relied on lugging around sample catalogs, sample boards, samples, ad nauseum (yes I know it is soooo not current). Is there a good software package that I could use to set up a portfolio/catalog/project selection tracking sort of presentation? Hell I'm not even sure of what I need to ask for.

2. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Ask the vendors she works with and see if they make templates/modules for use with a specific platform. Then have that platform software loaded on a laptop, and with said modules.

Google search for a forum that caters to that line of work and see what they suggest.

A big concern would be color matching what appears on the screen with reality. It can be done, but it is not cheap. And I bet it would almost be a requirement in that line of work.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

She works with a number of different vendors, but that's a good start. I will be happy if I can figure out how to help her narrow the search digitally and then provide select samples rather than tote several.

YamahaRick likes this.
  4. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

Rick, have you explored Houzz for a possible solution?
    Nothing like it used to be before it was sold off, but might be able to glean some info there regarding residential design software...

5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Laptop with a touchscreen that's calibrated is something that could help with colors. Look at Joanna gains and what see uses for design work, I believe it's sketch up pro. As a start anyway

6. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

High quality graphics and web based. No need for fancy software outside of a good hosting service and web template platform. As stated, properly calibrate the screen for the best color performance.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

No idea but what I like about samples is you get a real feeling for material, texture and color vs. how it appears on a computer screen Etc. Don’t know if this applies to your situation or not. But actual physical samples are needed IMO.
    Hope the blonde woman continues to make progress and in good health etc.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Thanks G. I fully recognize the need for physical samples, but if she can narrow down the range under consideration, it would reduce the weight of bag she carries...and the space that stuff takes up at the house. I'm in full inventory reduction mode at the house. I have been holding on to stuff far too long.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Rick - email me and I'll check with a friend who does the same gig.

10. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Augmented reality apps are becoming pretty common in that arena. Call the distributors/manufacturers she deals with and find out if they have an app yet.

Cannoli likes this.