1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sad to see endurance series fail

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by EXPERT35, Aug 29, 2014.

1. EXPERT35

EXPERT35 Well-Known Member

The team wiped the dust off our ZX-10 and went out to Summit for an ASRA challenge race, it was fun but less than 2 1/2 hrs don't cut it. Disappointed to see this years WERA endurance series and none to come in 2015. Great times were had. I hope things turn around in the future for young racers to share the experience I have shared to love.

2. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

They could have used you earlier in the year...

3. EXPERT35

EXPERT35 Well-Known Member

My summers have been short lately (Air Force deployments). But like others the economy/contingency has hurt all over to fellow riders. I wasent blasting wera, just sad to see End. Series go down.

4. etemplet

etemplet Well-Known Member

I truly enjoy endurance racing although I haven't been for a long time. I just don't like footing the bill for everything and doing all the work. I tried as much as I could to get a team together to split the costs and the work.... both WERA and CMRA. I gave up.

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

My response is Dungeon material.
    The lose of any substantial contingency started the ball rolling.
    I'm holding onto all of my endurance stuff on the hope it will one day return .

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It was dropping off even before the OEM's dropped contingency. It's just a mindset thing with riders these days.

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

if all goes well we are going to join the last WERA endurance race at barber on akdrift's R1

8. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

lol.. "if"

if you guys are serious, we need sort of figure out a game plan.

9. We will talk on Friday or Saturday. I'm serious though. I'm hoping I get the bike a little more sorted this weekend.

10. Phl218

Phl218 .

The only thing possibly hindering me is my crash recovery and the fact that my father will be visiting me here the 1st time.

I have planted the seed though and he wants to come spectating. The wifey doesn't know yet :D

11. So what you're saying is that you're good to go?

12. mperussault

mperussault Well-Known Member

Sean,

Can you confirm: no WERA Endurance series in 2015?

What a shame.

MP

13. compmoto

compmoto Team Geno

a couple of my friends and I have been considering running some endurance events in '15.. We love WERA Vintage racing... and had hoped we could race w WERA Endurance in '15... we may have waited too long ..:(

14. BEi Racing

BEi Racing Well-Known Member

I don't want to hear all the bitching, whining and complaining.

I get that not every one can make the trips to Texas, Oklahoma, and even NOLA. But when WERA does have a stand alone race at Roebling and needs everyone to support it, only 4 fucking teams show up. That's Bullshit! Maybe with a half way decent turnout, we would not be in this predicament.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  15. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

It is a situation where few have the right to complain.
    Why the poor attendance and lack of interest? I have been co-owner of a team and never turned down a chance to ride, except now since my injuries.
    Loved the team thing between prep, support, and the riding.
    Those that haven't done endurance have missed a great experience.

16. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Some people don't have the resources you have Billy.
    When it's literately impossible to even break even, it's pretty hard for most to continue.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bullshit.

This isn't professional world level racing. It's club racing and endurance. No one including Billy breaks even unless they're flat out lucky. Going into it expecting to break even or make money is ludicrous. You're either doing it for the enjoyment of the racing or not. There is no money to be made. Hell, a lot of you went all gaga over MotoST, how's that professional endurance series working for you?

18. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I made $1800 after expenses running the 1st Moto-St race.
    The following year they changed the payout structure and if you won, you could break even.
    Selling VP along with WERA and manufactures payout, I made money or broke even every year we raced the Kawi and the SV.
    Only times I did not, were the cross country trips.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So you made money selling fuel to racers - not racing.

I'm still curious how the MotoST thing is working out for you this year...

Thanks for proving my point ;)

20. alan

alan Well-Known Member

We looked at the schedule at the begining of the year and said there is no way we were doing it. Way too much travel from MD. Not even one race was within 10hrs one way.

We ran a few CCS Team Challenge Races but lost our sponsor money so we couldn't run all the rounds we had planned. But having the ability to run 4 rounds with an average of 4hrs travel time and the chance to make some money back was a better situation. 21 teams showed up at CMP, 19 at NJMP 31 at Summit and 18 at VIR. They pay back based on the amount of teams entered.