1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

???'s on the GSXR600's HP

Discussion in 'General' started by slow rider, Jan 22, 2001.

1. slow rider

slow rider Well-Known Member

I heard through the Grapevine that the new litte GSXR doesn't do any better with extra's like aftermarket exhaust power commander etc. Is this true or can someone invalidate this claim. Does anyone have any Dyno testing with all or most SS legal extra's???? [​IMG]

2. julrich

julrich Well-Known Member

The grapevine is high. This has already been posted somewhere on this BBS.

3. slow rider

I realize that this bike does have astonishing stock horse power. However, I don't recall anyone testing this bike after being race prepped. Perhaps you speak with personal knowlegde??????? Let me know if you have seen it for yourself (Dyno Tested NOT STOCK) or you just read it in magazines.
    103 hp. is definitely impressive, but an R6 or an F4 can easily put out well over that with aftermarket preparation.
    Two years ago the R6 was supposed to be "THE SHIT" but did they didn't win the AMA 600 championship, nor will Suzuki this year.
    GO HONDA WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!! [​IMG]

4. tbuilt

tbuilt Well-Known Member

Do you really believe that notable teams such as Arclight Suzuki,Team Valvoline,Yoshimura etc. would waste their $$, time and sanity if they couldn't get more than 103hp from the 600. Pay close attention this season...Suzuki has armed the bomb!

[This message has been edited by tbuilt (edited 01-23-2001).]

5. slow rider

I am not saying that the GSXR will not be capable of more than 103hp. I am questioning how much the simple change of exhaust, air cleaner, and Power Commander will improve the perfomance. Since the fuel injection system will greatly improve the combustion efficiency, is the stock exhaust all that restrictive. Will the standard 9hp increase for these changes be equal to, more than or less than. I do realize that there are db. requirements.
    I don't know!!! That is why I'm asking for testing results (not speculation) with a race prepared machine.

6. julrich

Okay, let me get this straight: You're asking me if I actually have any personal experience to back up my opinion or if I'm just reading about dyno tests in a magazine? Do I have this right? I just want to make sure I understand your question exactly before replying.

7. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

ROTFLMAO [​IMG] Anticipation is killing me: please respond...

8. tbuilt

tbuilt Well-Known Member

Right there witcha Thiam1!

9. julrich

I thought so. Okay, here's the deal, in my opinion: AMA 600cc Supersport is not reality. The fact that the Yamaha didn't win is a tribute to the riders on the Hondas, to the mechanics on the Honda teams, and to the guys who interpreted the rules in a way probably not intended by their framers. If you have an Expert license and we take you to a track and put you on a good Yamaha and a good Honda, you will go faster on the Yamaha unless there is something wrong with you.

The fact that a Kawasaki was in the hunt for the AMA title in 2000 is even more of the above.

The 2001 Yamaha and 2001 Suzuki are a close match in track capability, stock. The Honda and Kawasaki are, in relative terms, great street bikes.

A well-prepared 2001 Suzuki will make 115+ horsepower on a Dynojet model 200 dyno, if the dyno is calibrated and operated correctly.

If I have to explain to you why it is I think I know what I'm writing about here, then you truly are a rookie. Ask Mongo if you can't figure it out.

10. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

what rags do you read JU [​IMG]

11. Racer2k1

Racer2k1 Guest

The whole BBS is laughing their a$$e$ off on this one... [​IMG]

12. julrich

Nothing from England, I don't like fictional "non-fiction". I saw one that made it sound like EBSCO won the 24-hour overall and nobody else was in the race. It also noted that Oregon's Jimmy Moore had a "southern" accent!

13. slow rider

A rookie, YES.. Of course I am, that's why I am in amateur racing. No, I do not doubt your capabilities in attaining this information, nor would I have doubted anyone else's data. Then again, I don't know you, and don't see how one can hold himself so high as to speculate on anothers character without even knowing him. Don't take it personally, unless Suzuki is paying your mortgage. Finally, thank you for a concrete answer. That is all I was asking for.

14. julrich

Who speculated on your character?

You might want to check out a couple of my websites for reference.

One is for a little team I own. It's teamhammer.com.

The other is for a magazine I own. It's roadracingworld.com. That's why your reference to reading magazines caught my attention. I publish a magazine. Get it?

What's a hvac technician?

15. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

talk about fictional....sorta like the results from esportbike.com poll for best mag! whatta farce!

accent! damn, right now on speedvison is the dakar rallye, with SIR Toby Moody
    (gratin' on ma noives) [​IMG]

16. julrich

The dude who owns esportbike sent my ad guy an e-mail that said he thought the poll was accurate up until about the 400 votes level, when multiple voting (he mentioned fans of both RW and PB) kicked in. He said they'll have to find a way to prevent that for future polls.

17. julrich

Didn't somebody else ask this exact same horsepower question on the BBS a while back, and get the same answer? I can't find the thread. Anybody know where it is?

18. slow rider

Yes, I know your publication. I have to say that I do feel somewhat privileged to have had my name grace the pages a few times. The print may have been small, but there is always next season.
    Forgive me if I sounded skeptical of your earlier posts, but I was simply asking for #'s. I realize that others,like yourself, would have better access to this infomation, thats is why I ask.
    Oh, I am into the transference of BTU's.

19. julrich

We need you to come up with a method to transfer BTUs that doesn't involve electricity or natural gas because out here in California everything is all screwed up in that field.

20. julrich

Never mind. I'll just Arm The Bomb!