1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RZ350s and the new world order

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Dec 7, 2019.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

SpeedyE likes this.
  2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Its a low mileage very clean original. I am sure the price reflects that.

3. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

$13.9! Who want's it? 20191207_114215.jpg

SpeedyE and Sabre699 like this.
  4. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Price also seems to reflect some hinky bidding.

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

K51000, pscook and Robby-Bobby like this.
  6. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

JUST got off of Ebay looking to see what stock pipes go for, but then I remembered I'd have to go thru the carbs again. I like ya', but not that much.

RichB, Sabre699 and motion like this.
  7. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

2T Prices have been on the rise @ 5 years now, The USA is still catching up to Japan $ wise, just reluctantly.
    Supply/Demand, If the supply is fixed/limited, the demand will fluctuate but the prices will stay steady or rise only.
    Can't make any new 80's-90's 2T's..:beer:

motion likes this.
  8. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Why you dissing the 70’s two strokes :D

motion likes this.
  9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

pardon my ignorance... who is Kenny Roberts??

just kidding. :D

motion likes this.
  10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Carbs are not that big of a deal... but if you're going back to stock pipes you might as well do up all the catalytic plumbing, too, and that's a serious pain in the arse.

11. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

I’ve been kinda browsing Rd’s for the past few months. It is crazy what they are bringing.

12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

For 13 grand I'd include shipping to the CONUS for my KR. No promises on condition except it does run however it's been known to smoke a little! :p

pscook likes this.
  13. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Damn, I just sold my RD350 3 days ago for chump change. Oh well:confused:

14. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

I saw an RD350 project go to a terrible home and the guilt of knowing the bike is going to die a terrible death hasn't left me yet.

K51000 likes this.
  15. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Get off my lawn, you whippersnapper!

TurboBlew likes this.
  16. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I've still got my KR RZ I bought in 1984. All original one owner bike in near perfect condition. It's been stored inside my house since 1996. I have Spec II pipes on it but I have the original OEM pipes in my attic. I have the toolkit, sales brochures and even the dealer poster that each dealer only received one of (I was worked at a Yamaha dealer back in 1984 thru 1988). I'll be listing mine for sale next year once it's gone thru to make sure all systems are good.

sdg, 5axis, wera313 and 1 other person like this.
  17. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Give you tree fiddy for as is...:D

Phl218 and TurboBlew like this.
  18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

when a friend of mine was buying a used RZ a couple years ago I voluteered to tag along. The seller was a complete idiot and asked me if I knew who Kenny Roberts is. :rolleyes: I asked if he was related to Julia. The bike was a piece... seized front caliper, the junkiest cheng shins ever on spray bombed wheels, and other problems. My buddy bought it anyway...lol. At least now it has been properly repaired to ride to church on sundays.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  19. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

I got a Yamaha XT600 like that for $100.

20. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Damn, now I’m feeling pretty stupid for selling the 2 RZ-500’s I owned for chump change. Oh well. Live and learn. The second RZ had the Marlboro paint job, Marvic wheels and Toomey pipes. I was too impulsive/impatient in my (relative) youth