1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RZ350 radiator

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by dave3593, Jan 4, 2022.

1. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I would like to put a larger radiator on my RZ350 race bike. The one on it now is a regular factory unit with the plastic fined/slotted cover.

Just running it up and down my driveway (as hard as I can) the temp gage stays in the green. When racing, the temp gage gets up and stays just at the division between green and red. It has never boiled or spit out coolant. It acts the same with or without a thermostat. I have used the parts store flush stuff but not much junk came out. I have not yet gotten actual head temperatures.

I have read the RZ350s do run kind of hot and a radiator switch can cure it. Since there are copy aluminum radiators for less than $100 I was thinking I would try one if it is a bolt in. I also remember seeing one RZ350 radiator advertisement that said it had more cooling area but I can not find that again.

Any replacement radiator suggestions?

2. NOLAracer

NOLAracer Well-Known Member

People have had good luck with the thicker core ones off ebay....economy cycles used to sell them but he will direct you to ebay if you ask. Some people have used rads from other bikes if you're not worried about keeping the finned cover or chin cowl.

dave3593 likes this.