1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RZ Tree Fiddy enthusiasts... please enter

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by TurboBlew, Sep 30, 2018.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Friend of mine just acquired a decent condition 84 with 19,000 on the clock.
    Forks are a leaky mess
    Brakes are saturated with fork oil
    Tires are garbage (IRC)
    Owner swapped out glass fuses for blade type.
    Looks to have Toomeys.
    Clutch cable needs some love
    Handlebars are in a weird position. (I dont remember them being so cramped)

Anyways... my buddy wants to just keep it in a safe clean rideable original condition.

Thinking a set of pilot activs for the 18" wheels. 110 & 120?
    Need some guidance on the stock forks/rear shock.
    Were there any decent rear sets?

Amazing what 30+ years does to your impression of the model...lol.

Linker48X likes this.
  2. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Conti attack 100/90 front 110/80 rear. Run the attack R's if you can get away with it.

Fork seals are easy to do and available from Yamaha, but can be tricky if you don't have the right tools. I always just send all of my stuff to Traxxion Dynamics

Clutch cable still available from Yamaha but I always get stuff like that from Economy Cycle.

Contact Michael Morse at Vintage Brakes. He offers modern compounds in RZ shapes. I run them on my racebike with the stock rz calipers and mc and it lifts the rear off the ground easily.

Jim Hinshaw at Fast From The Past offers Tarrozi rearsets that bolt right on, look cool and are solid.

TurboBlew likes this.
  3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Is he looking for parts? I'm turning mine into a hybrid so I have everything fork, brake, swingarm and wheel for sale...front and rear.

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

what color are the wheels?

5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Standard gold RZ wheels