1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RV with a garage space?

Discussion in 'General' started by corsameltin, Apr 28, 2007.

1. corsameltin

corsameltin Well-Known Member

Anyone know any companies that make a class 5 RV with a fold down back where you can haul bikes? Cant seem to find anything that youdont have to tow.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Toy hauler.

3. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

What's a class 5 RV?

We have a class C Fun Mover that hauls the bikes in the back.

Dawn

Attached Files:

• 17.JPG
      17.JPG
      File size:
      184.2 KB
      Views:
  4. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

They are not real common, but yeah they do make motor home type toy haulers (as apposed to trailer style) as Buxton up there has. I think they do come smaller, but not by much from what I have seen.

5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

6. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

We looked at that Damon Outlaw and it is truely the "king" of the as engined Toy Haulers.

We have a Reneade ( www.kibbi.com ) but it's a class 8 on a Freightliner Columbia chassis.

Are you going to tow a small trailer in addition?

Also... Buying used will get you a much better deal. Let someone else (like me!! LOL!!) take that first 25%+ hit of derpreciation. Typically the dealer has 25 points in these things. Fun Mover has a former rental purchase program where the do a pertty complete re-con on them and they start at 40k or so. They are in Elkhart Indiana.

If you are a business and an firure out how to work this into it (be careful, this can be a red flag) and can do a five-year depreciation it helps a lot. Our rig costs me about the same as a guy with an F250 and a nice trailer in net after tax dollars.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2007
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

By class 5 do you mean 5th wheel trailer?

Either way, lots of options with a garage in trailers and motorhomes, just depends on your budget.

8. STT-Rider

Sean - Good morning.

The box arrived. Thanks a bunch.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry about that, DHL lost the first batch of correct ones.

10. STT-Rider

No worries at all Sean.

Thanks again.

11. corsameltin

i wanted something i dont need a seperate vehicle to tow, not a 5th wheel, might tow a small car or trailer, any option or models I can check out that fot the bill apprceciated. Budget is around 30-50 k and I am going to buy used for sure

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay, sounds like you're looking for what Dawn has, not sure what they go for used.

13. corsameltin

Sean, keep your eyes n ears open as you probably know a bunch of people that might have one.
    BTW I heard that you can deduct the moratge interest on an RV? True dat?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Will do.

15. STT-Rider

A reconditioned Fun Mover is in that price range and it coms with a warranty which is nice. It's a class C

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, you can deduct the interest as a second home.