1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rummy caught lying on TV

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sharkattack, Mar 18, 2004.

1. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

2. tcasby

tcasby Banned

In my mind at least there is a distinct difference between lying and inadvertently contradicting yourself. I suspect Rummy has lied many times, but this is not an example of it.

3. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Good post Sharkattack!

I was watching Rummy on Sunday AM while entertaining my 5 month old. I heard what was said but could not believe my ears that he would say something so stupid, somehting that was obviously so wrong.

The moderator of Meet the Press was also amazed at what was said.

Sharkattack, i spent about 30 minutes on Monday trying to find a transcript of the show or some mention of Rummy's gaff but couldn't. All I wanted to do was be sure that I heard what I thought I heard - the tape is better.

Here's the more direct link: http://www.moveon.org/censure/caughtonvideo/

4. Shyster d'Oil

It's a pretty clear lie to me Tom.

5. tenorangetoads

tenorangetoads Well-Known Member

how can you tell if a politican is lying?

his lips are moving.

6. tcasby

tcasby Banned

A clear lie would be something like:
    "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

and I liked Bill.

7. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

A clear lie would be Rummy saying that he and the President never said "imminent threat".... (Well, I know he didn't spell it that way, anyhow!) ;) Folklore my a$$....

8. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

....well what else is new. I haven't believed a word the asses of evil uttered since the start of war. send rummy packing in november!

9. Shyster d'Oil

I voted for Bill 2xs but he was a waste as a president. His lies at least did not involve national security, invasion, war, death and destruction. But he is still a liar, no doubt, as is Rummy.

Rummy should have know better than to try and propagate such BS. But I guess that he assumed that the liberal media
    :rolleyes: would continue its failure to probe into Bush's administration.

10. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

NO WITTY RETORTS FROM THE RIGHT?? Where's the spin?:rolleyes:

11. rddy

rddy Well-Known Member

I thought that was lawyers?;)

12. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

.....maybe Richard Mellon Scaife will bankroll another investigation of a standing president?? :Poke: