1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rule Clarification for Nationals

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by chest2tank, Dec 5, 2012.

1. chest2tank

chest2tank Well-Known Member

Chapter 7, 13:
    So I did the Bargy school at a WERA weekend in 2010 and passed, but I never got my license. 2010 was an insanely busy year for me at the race track, for those who remember. Anywho, I'm racing in 2013, and my only goal is to win a National Championship. Here are my assumptions:

• I am going to be required to take the WERA school
    • Because I am still technically a provo, I will need to "complete" at least one event on two weekends per the rules

So far, so good? Or will my Bargy weekend still count?

Also, what does "complete" mean? What I always heard is just don't crash. I was going to show up for Tally in February, sign up for once race, take the green flag, and come straight in after 7 corners. Would that be considered completing, or would I need to do 75% of the race?

FWIW, I daresay that I have sufficient (albeit unique) experience to not be provo. I've witnessed more race action than most experts :-D

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes on the school, yes on the two weekends. Have you been on a bike on track at all lately? Things can adjust based on experience and knowledge as needed.

Finishing is finishing, pulling in after 7 laps isn't finishing. Crashing can be finishing depending on the circumstances. If you're going after a championship pulling in early or crashing don't work there either so no need to do them on other weekends :D

3. chest2tank

I coached with Track Tactics all year. Would it be worth the hassle to prove that I don't need to be provo, or just go through with it. I don't know the pros and cons, really

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Other than running at a stand alone National and the t-shirt it doesn't really mean much.

5. chest2tank

The idea of riding at Tally in February doesn't excite me at all. I remember 26 degrees in 2011 as the high, and I was outside turn 3 with a sub-zero sleeping bag over my head covering me to the feet. The only thing poking out was my lens, and I was still freezing.

If I could somehow get around that and just do the first National, that would my first option. However, I'll do whatever is required to get this done right!

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, the first National would be Roebling - however if there is a school that would be ion Saturday making it hard to run the Nationals on Sunday. If you do the school and run Talladega then you'll be good to run Sportsman on Saturday at Roebling and then good to go for the Nationals Sunday.

7. chest2tank

Mongo, am I right that there is no A Superbike Novice for Nationals?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes you are.