1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RTV on Fuel Injector seals

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Focker, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

I just had my injectors cleaned and balanced, but I think I'm getting an intake leak on my lower injectors. I didn't replace the lower seals, wondering if I can use some RTV or is there another alternative to see if that's where the leak is coming from?

Bike is an 07 CBR600RR. My bazzaz AFM is showing 15.5 - 17 as the AFR at idle and when I blip the throttle. Bike doesn't want to idle either.

Thoughts?

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Fuel pressure and flow rate check. Then you might spray contact cleaner around the suspected leak area - engine should quit or slow down if the CC is making it into the mixture.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  3. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

I checked the flow rate and it came in at 350ml/10sec. Manual calls for 165. Do I need a special tool to check fuel pressure?

4. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

No, but it's 45 psi and it's flammable. Just make sure any connection you make is secure. You can use hose clamps and an oil pressure gauge.

5. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Just tested the fuel pump. It primes to 50psi and flow rate exceeds minimum spec.

Time to pull the airbox so i can get to the lower injectors. Wish me luck....

MELK-MAN likes this.