1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS500, TZ500, RG500,or TZ750 wanted

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by showtime, Feb 27, 2006.

1. showtime

showtime New Member

Hi all, Im looking for any of these race bikes which may be for sale. Will pay good money. Even if in ordinary condition, any info appreciated.

2. AlaskanFZR400

AlaskanFZR400 Member

there was a RG500 for sale at the Portland craigslist site awhile back...guy wanted 10 grand for it though

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The RS and TZ750 will be insanely expensive when you find one.

I'd look at the RG500, the RZ500 and TZ/ RS 250's if you're going to race them.

If you've got real bucks, there's alway Aprilia RSv250's and if you're rich, RSv500's (and a few Honda NSR500V's).

4. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

I would think that a TZ750 would not be near as spendy as an NSR500V

I don't think I've ever seen an RS500 for sale, at least not in the last 10 years or so.

I do know of 2 Cagiva V500s for sale, but they are in Europe and most certainly cost prohibitive for *me*, but I'd really like the Ex-Eddie #7 bike.

As it is....I'll probably end up with a Gamma and an RZV500R with some trick bits and call it good.

5. showtime

showtime New Member

thought it would be a tough one to find an RS500. my old boy Steve Trinder used to race in the AMA in 86 on his RG500 against alot of RS500's and loves them.

6. AlaskanFZR400

AlaskanFZR400 Member

I found a RZ500 for sale on Ebay yesterday.......you should go look at that

Matt...... I use to race at Seattle and Portland. Started back in like 86 and stopped in 94 when my side vison went downhill fast (Accidently ran Mike Sullivan off the back straight at Portland...never saw he was next to me, I quit after that race) When and what were you racing back then?
    I remember Trinder.......guy was damn quick........made me look like I was painted to the track

7. RGV 500

I ran all 4-strokes back then.

Everything from an FZR400 in DSB (#1 Ex in '93) to F-USA on a completely silly GSX-R 750. The small bikes were much more fun. The big bikes were a lot like work to ride fast.

I was an east coast kid back then, but did ride PIR in an endurance one year (1994??) with TSBA on a ZX-6R and did pretty well. I remember pissing off a few of the locals (friends) because I was quicker by about 2 seconds/lap than they were on their 1100 Suzukis. I still remember watching Tracy McIntyre try to keep the CBR900RR Turbo from spitting him off the back every time he opened the throttle out of turn 9....it was a hoot. PIR is still one of my favorite bike tracks.

I've been around SIR, but not on 2 wheels (yet). I borrowed a friends Lotus Elise and did a few laps, but nothing anywhere near any limits. I also did a track day in my rally car, but on track day tires, so that was kind of fun.

Right now I'm starting to look for a Gamma that has not been severely abused and may see about a Spondon frame to put it in. I'd like to run Vintage, but Senior Superbike may also be on the menu.

I should have a much better idea by this time next year.

8. GMC

GMC 2-strokes only

Rg500

Steve Trinder also ran at my home track, Westwood B.C. Canada. The guy was fast and also could really lite the rear tire up when he wanted to. I can remeber on practice nights on some laps he would get that RG rights sideways and lite that thing right up and leave big black stripes almost half way to the esses.

Some were I even have video of him on a GSXR750 when it throw a rod and he cept on going until it totally soaked the rear and took him and a few other out.
    The good old days. Westwood was also were Goodfellow did a lot of the early test riding on the Britton and also raced it in Superbike.

9. AlaskanFZR400

AlaskanFZR400 Member

I raced up at Westwood once, was a cool little track. Too bad it's now a condo site. My first race at Seattle saw Trinder and I riding together down the front straight on a warm up lap. Next thing you know we are both at the end of the drag strip and off the track. We looked at each other. I said "Hey, I was follow you since I don't know the track......Trinder say's. "Well I was following you since this is my first time here" We laughed and went on our way.

Mark, there was a guy on Craigslist Portland sight that was selling a Gamma, Dude wanted 10 grand for it though. I started out on a 500 Interceptor while racing, Then moved to a FZ600 then a FZR400

10. GMC

GMC 2-strokes only

Rg500

Showtime go to tz250racing.com enter froums section classifieds the go to yard sale there is a guy call Gammer9 that has a RG500 with all the goodies.

Man I miss westwood, I hope the Merritt track pans out one day.

11. honcati

honcati Well-Known Member

12. RGV 500

That sounds pretty reasonable to me. But I'm not in the market for a TZ750

I'd be curious to know what is being asked for the Ex-Eddie Lawson Gagiva V591 that is for sale in Europe

13. showtime

showtime New Member

We got a quote on the Eddie bike, it was about $250k US.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Cagiva was going to make a very small production run of "new" V591's. Haven't heard much on it in a few years.

15. GMC

GMC 2-strokes only

I was wondering about that too, weren't they doing a run of 500 bikes in a detuned street/trackday version. Does anyone have info on them actually being sold to the public?

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Don't know if it was 500 of them. Might have been 20 or even 50 and they would have been full spec.
    But once again, I read it a year or two back and my memory is going south.

17. bdaddy

bdaddy Well-Known Member

18. Tsukuba

Tsukuba Member

500cc GP Bikes

I have some of the bikes you are looking for but they are not cheap. If interested just let me know.

19. biajj

biajj Member

TSUKUBA.. contact me please.

Like to chat.

20. tzpilot

tzpilot Active Member

Try racing and investment in UK, they specialize in RGB and TZ racers. A 750 just went for under 10k US, I'm pretty sure, on ebay a couple weeks back. It didn't have electrics,pipes or fairing though. Guy said he'd be auctioning more GP bikes in the coming weeks. He also had a real nice TZ350 that went same time.

I'd go RGB or TZ750 over the other stuff if you'll be racing, more spares are still available for the Zook and Yam750.