1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS4 Avant

Discussion in 'General' started by zamboiv, Oct 10, 2018.

1. mx3TT

mx3TT Well-Known Member

I just bought a 2016 S3 with 9,600 miles on it. I've had it for a little over a month and I have a smile on my face every time I drive it. I would highly recommend it if you can find one for a decent price with low mileage. I had to travel up to New Hampshire from Virginia to get mine.

rafa, BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  2. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

There’s just two of us and a dog. Dog goes in Subaru to beach and mountains. Wifey is 5’2” and I barely make 5’7”. The RS4 will fit just fine.

Phl218 likes this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Sounds like you need a GTI in your life

4. Phanuel

Phanuel Well-Known Member

I'm worried about replacement costs if my magnetic dampers go out, but I also just don't drive enough to really put wear on the thing. The optional upgraded leather interior was definitely worth it over the base A3.

Haven't flashed the ecu yet either. Will think about that once the warranty is up, TD1 flags during service checks are too risky.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I do but the amount of shit I'm starting to haul has grown. The "Rabbit edition" would rock but I need space.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

I think he has a tuned MK7 Golf already. But yeah GTI is the best bargain sporty car around.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah but prices are creeping up. When you get an optioned Autobahn it's close enough in pricing that the R starts looking better and better.

BigBird likes this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

Then you just get an S3 at that point

Sent from my smatrfone

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

But that's a sedan with horrible back seats.

10. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

And here we are. I just didn't read far enough in the thread.

11. khill

khill Well-Known Member

Off topic.....anyone have experience with SQ5?

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

The cheaper version of the Macan Turbo. Should boogie, but it's a SUV, meh

Sent from my smatrfone

13. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Since this car is so hot, aren’t there some gray market imports of them?

14. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

My Audi wagon was my favorite car to drive. I would get another, but I would probably lease it since they fall apart at 75k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

25 year rule still applies on imports. That is why there was a DIY RS4 Avant on Bring A Trailer a few weeks ago.

Phl218 likes this.
  16. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

What? :confused:
    My father's 2003 A4 B6 1.9Tdi Quattro S-line Avant is close to 400K kms. Routine maintenance only.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Imagine your wagon with great suspension, monster wheels and brakes and almost triple the HP. That's the RS4 version. :D

18. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

You left off the $1500 tab each time you take it into the Audi Dealer for service after any initial services that are included with the purchase. Oh, don't forget about the month long wait for any special parts for that rare animal.

19. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Lucky you. Happened to both my dad and I.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. It's still just a tarted-up Volkswagen.