1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS4 Avant

Discussion in 'General' started by zamboiv, Oct 10, 2018.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

Getting rid of the Golf? Stay away from that weird Looking Benz man, stay VAG.

BTW VR46 has a RS4 Avant as his "daily". If the GOAT chooses that, then you know it's a good deal :)

2. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Any love for the V60 Polestar? Certainly isn't an RS but I dig it and it's available in the states.

[​IMG]

LisaU likes this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I looked online at the new volvos wagons and suvs but, holy shit, their pricing has gone all broometarded!

Phl218 likes this.
  4. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Last time I checked, they where making extremely good deals on 2018 models because the 2019 is a completely redesigned car.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What you mean by "looking?" If you find a car now, you're gonna ask someone to hold it for a year?

alan likes this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nope, seeing what prices are like, how fast they move from the dealership, APR projections on new and used and all the stupid minutia that I enjoy compiling.
    Then comes the hard data compilation: How the buttons feel, how good are the mirrors, what the interior feels and smells like.
    Then comes the actual testing: How quick is it, can it get out of it's own way, the sounds.

Dude, if I start now I'll be ready by maybe end of Q1 2019.

7. pushystone

pushystone Well-Known Member

Does Audi still do the European delivery option? if so... I wonder if you get one that way? it seems like it would be worth trying to pull some strings for.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah they do but It's not as simple as that. There's the paperwork, finding out if the car is even approved for sale in the US, emissions, getting it registered and I'm making this all sound simpler than it really is.

Phl218 likes this.
  9. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Golf is getting up in mileage.
    I want to stay VAG, but I do really like having a hatch (Its what I tow my bike with and with the seats folded down I can pack a lot of stuff there). But its is hard to pay twice what I payed for my car for a R, which is still a Golf. The S3 hatch would be awesome.
    The AMG A45 would also be awesome, but doesnt come to the US.

Station Wagons are cool too, but in general usually too big. Would be cool a A3 based or 2 Series bmw wagon.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

Get a Sportwagon or better yet Alltrac, and a lot of the mods carry over or similar ideas.

11. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Any reason you need the R? A GTI is a pretty good option for a small hot hatch. I believe that there are options to get more performance out of it if you want and much cheaper than the R or an S3.

12. pushystone

pushystone Well-Known Member

I had looked into it years ago with a Saab (sad they are gone!) but they addressed all that and even provided 2 weeks insurance to drive around with, msrp discount, facility tour at the plant, one nights accommodation, .... I would assume Audi would do that same.

If was ever to waste money on a new car again I would absolutely do European delivery.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

oh, audi has it and from what I've been told it's awesome.
    I was talking the hassles if someone wanted to buy something like an RS4 avant or S3 5 door or the like. Something not sold in the US.

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

the RS6 avant is where it's at though.

the A4 just isn't roomy enough...

LisaU and BigBird like this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Speak for yourself, Gigantor. :D

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

nah, it's just we took my Dad's A4 Avant through the Alps with a kid and 2 friends. plus luggage for the 7 days. it's not an S4 or RS4, but it has the S-line suspension (bottomed out - LOL) and trim. (2.0T still made 225km/h down A96 and up A81, fully loaded). We had an A6 before and that thing could just be loaded under the roof, plus a few people were comfy in it.
    at 5'10 i was at my limits in the A4.

by myself and just around town, no question, it works...

17. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

AWD would be great for the Chcago winter. Currently I have a MK7 Golf which is pretty close to a Gti.

18. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Kinda sorta a wagon, but not really.
    Didn't really dig it in the pictures, but, seeing it up close changed my mind.
    upload_2018-10-11_13-24-56.png

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

Actually that's what VR46 has a RS6 Avant

Phl218 likes this.
  20. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I figured that your tire-kicking process would push you into Q2, so Q1 would be a bit optimistic.
    And here we are. I just didn't read far enough in the thread.