1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS4 Avant

Discussion in 'General' started by zamboiv, Oct 10, 2018.

1. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

so my boss Is a huge Audi guy and has multiple RS’

He knows I was looking for a rs4 avant when I moved back from Canada but ended up with a Macan so he keeps trying to get me to trade for the RS5.

Long story short he told me yesterday that he was told over the weekend at two Audi dealerships that the RS4 Avant and some SQ8 (thing sloped hatch sub like the x6) and some other stuff will be making its way to the US in 2019. Anyone heard this from a credible source?

I really don’t want to get rid of the Macan but for an RS4 avant- I probably will.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

In before Dave K. :D

418 and deepsxepa like this.
  3. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

He is currently cleaning his computer screen from his sexy explosion.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

:D

Chances of the RS4 Avant coming to the US is slim and none. Wagons do not sell in the US. Shit, even the A3 5 doors doesn't come here.

BigBird and mike-guy like this.
  5. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

I know which is what I told him and asked a second time, the sedan or avant and he said avant. I was shocked and figured if anyone had a bead on this it’d be you or some others on this forum.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My "guy" at Audi left so really, no idea other then history.

When my dealership calls to sell me a new A3 and buy mine back I always ask them if the A3 or S3 5 door is coming and if not, I don't want another A3. The answer is "you and maybe 2 other people keep pestering us for them, everyone else wants Q5s."

Last cool thing I heard of was the RS7 and MAYBE an RSQ5.

Anyone have a lead on an older body Q7 Diesel with low miles?

7. Phanuel

Phanuel Well-Known Member

I'm always sad I didn't get a B7 Avant when they were available.

8. Kolbe

Kolbe Well-Known Member

I have a friend at Audi that is a pretty big car dork and he has not heard of the rs avant coming to the states. That being said if it did I would trade in my BMW for it in a heartbeat.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, thinking about it a bit I don't think Audi US could sell enough $100K wagons to make it worth the time to get it into the US.

10. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Are the new ‘15 Q7 TDIs all gone? There was a nice incentive on those late last year.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

All I found was one used one that had been hit in the ass. Around here, they were selling at full MSRP even after the new Q7 rolled out.

I did find a new Toe-rag diesel but I want the third row.

12. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dan, thanks. I'm just starting my search and not moving on anything until end of Q4 or Q1 2019. :)

14. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Quoted for posterity.

15. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

I find it funny how gear heads love wagons but most of the population look at them as retro mom mobiles or something.

BigBird likes this.
  16. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

That thing is sexy!

Audi-RS4_Avant-2018-1600-11.jpg

BigBird likes this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What's to quote? We need a new kid hauler and I've started looking. The older body style Q7 looks to be the best option for us. o_O

18. I’ll find Out hopefully today, latest tomorrow.

19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

That RS4 Avant is way better looking that any of those ugly ass "4 door coupes". Even typing that oxymoron hurts my head. Worse yet are the "4 door coupes" jacked up to try to be SUV like, but cost more, weigh more (big ass hunk of glass on the hatch) and are less useful than the actual SUV they are based on. I just don't get it at all, but I think they are ugly. I guess the people that buy them think they look sportier.:rolleyes:

BigBird likes this.
  20. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

It would be way out of my budget but I would love it. Do they even make a S4 Avant?

Right now i am in between and S3, a Golf R and a GLA45 AMG.
    If I could get the S3 in a hatch state side it would win easily.