1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS150R build ?s

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by Charlie_in_OC, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Charlie_in_OC

Charlie_in_OC Member

Hoping to find any information out on a 95+ RS125 / CRF150R build.

Talked to Aaron Hammel who was "The Man" out here on the West Coast but he no longer is doing conversions. Anyone know of anyone who has done one recently?

Every photo I can find are bikes for sale from a few years back and always with fairings.

Any information or photos of engine mounting would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

There is one for sale on this forum. I would think you would be much money ahead to buy that vs. doing another conversion? It is priced very well at 3600.

3. Charlie_in_OC

Charlie_in_OC Member

Buying a racebike is always cheaper than building one.

If I didn't already have a 96 RS125 roller and a 08 CRF150r I would be definitely interested in the one on this forum.

4. Boman Forklift

Charlie, I presume you are in Orange County based on your name? If so, there is a guy in the Fallbrook area, that can probably do all the fabrication work for you? I don't remember his name, but can try and reach out to a friend of mine that knows him if you are interested?

5. Charlie_in_OC

Charlie_in_OC Member

Rob, that would be awesome. Yes I'm in Orange County in SoCal so Fallbrook is fairly close.

Back in the day Tommy Crawford was doing all the RS swaps in SoCal but he's since moved out of the area quite some time ago.

6. Boman Forklift

My friend put a call into him, awaiting an answer if he still does work like this or if he has retired?

7. Charlie_in_OC

Charlie_in_OC Member

Rob, Thanks!

I also emailed the seller of the RS150 here and he was kind enough to send me some photos of the engine mounts on his bike.

8. josh7owens

josh7owens E-Kart Champ

Post pics of the engine mounts