1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS125 Rearsets same as RS250?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by jcivince, Aug 1, 2013.

1. jcivince

jcivince Well-Known Member

Wondering if RS125 rearsets are the same as RS250 rearsets. I have a 1996 RS250 (although previous owner told me everything except frame is 98). They look very similar if not identical in pictures but probably are different. Lots more RS125 parts out there than 250 so thought I'd ask just in case.

Thanks!

2. jcivince

I know the part numbers are different but some of the cheap China RS125 rearsets I see on eBay (sell for $125 for complete set including brake & shift levers) look very much like RS250 rearsets. Items that I need are the brake & gear shift levers.

3. parillaguy

parillaguy vintage+GP racer

Nope not the same. The RS250 units have a exhaust pipe mount on both sides. Where they mount is also different. It would be nice if they were the same. As for the $125 for both sides...good luck more like $125 per side. parillaguy

4. jcivince

Hit eBay and search for Honda RS125 Rear Set - picture shows 2 mount plates, foot pegs, and brake & shift levers. Lowest cost is $116 + $28 shipping from China. And the interesting thing is that the rear set plates show exhaust pipe mount on both sides (like 250). This made me wonder - might be that the China supplier isn't producing parts that would actually work on an RS125 and might be OK for RS250?