1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS125 Frame, CRF100 engine...

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by punchsponge, Oct 16, 2017.

1. punchsponge

punchsponge Well-Known Member

Does anyone race this combo, either with a NF4 or NX4 frame? Has anyone built one in the past, seen plans or photos, heard rumors in the paddock, etc.? What about a KLX110 setup in the NF4 frame? Need to start on my cheater bike for next season; any leads or input appreciated. JE

2. fireman343

fireman343 Well-Known Member

I know, but I will never tell you my secrets

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I remember Eric Dehaven built one out of an NF4 with the XR100 motor in it. Most of the conversions out here with the NF4 had either a 65 or 85 2 stroke in them. The NX4 usually had a 150R motor stuffed in it.

punchsponge likes this.
  4. punchsponge

punchsponge Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the thing with the NF4 chassis. Because of the horizontal shock placement, 2-strokes just have better clearance. If you have Eric Dehaven's contact information and could contact him on my behalf, I'd really appreciate it. I've raced a NF4 YZ85 and KX60 in the past. What I need, (in the absence of bigger racing balls and skill), is TORQUE, thus the NX4 / 150R F1 project in my garage right now. Goal is to duplicate this approach for an F3 bike. Days off are rare, need to race as many classes as possible when I make it to the track. As for you... You... Mr. Fireman343, whoever you are... Whatever I build, you know that if you build the same thing you'll stay at least a second faster, so no worries about the dissipation of technology around here. Phase One is to put this bike together and make things fit. In Phase Two, you, me and a certain Mr. Takagawa have a conversation that will NOT include my wife. :)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  5. Boman Forklift

6. JLK

JLK Member

We built an xr 100 engine w/takegawa 146 for our 96 rs. It worked out pretty well. If I can figure out how to pm I'll send you my info. I have a few pics too

7. Boman Forklift

Click on his name in the post above and then click on "start a conversation".