1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roundup and Cancer

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, May 15, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

To a point, but I believe research has shown that c-section and non-breastfed babies are generally deficient compared to natural birth and breastfed kids.

SpeedyE likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why would the method of getting out of the womb matter to the kids internals? I get the breastfeeding part.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Apparently the cooter is filled with beneficial bacteria?

MachineR1 likes this.
  4. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

While this is new to me too... think about how much bacteria the infant is being exposed to down the birth canal vs straight out of the womb. No idea if this is what's being discussed but I kinda get it.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It's kind of nasty, but:

Children born via cesarean compared to those born vaginally are more likely to develop immune-related disorders like asthma/allergies (Black, Bhattacharya, Philip, Norman, & McLernon, 2016; Kristensen & Henriksen, 2016), inflammatory bowel disease (Kristensen & Henriksen, 2016), and obesity (Bernardi et al., 2015; Li, Zhou, & Liu, 2013; Mueller et al., 2015). Although not all of these associations are shown consistently in all studies (Bernstein et al., 2016; Black et al., 2016), these findings have led some researchers to speculate that alterations in microbiome seeding of newborns following cesarean birth may play some role in these associations between chronic disease and route of birth (Dominguez-Bello et al., 2016; Goedert, Hua, Yu, & Shi, 2014).

Adults born via cesarean birth have fecal microbiome/microbiota that are distinctly different than those of adults born vaginally (Goedert et al., 2014). Cesarean birth results in a gut microbiome that is less similar to that of the mother compared to vaginal birth (Backhed et al., 2015), and is more likely to include skin and oral microbes, and bacteria from the operating room (Backhed et al., 2015).

It appears that any contact between the unborn fetus and the mothers’ vaginal microbiome (for example, through rupture of membranes in labor) results in early microbial seeding and potential long-term health benefits for the newborn. In a study of 18 maternal/newborn dyads, the microbiome of mothers and babies in three groups were compared: newborns born vaginally, newborns born via cesarean with standard post-op treatment, and newborns born via cesarean who were exposed to maternal vaginal fluids immediately following birth (Dominguez-Bello et al., 2016). Within two minutes of birth, newborns in the last group had their mouth, face, and body swabbed with a gauze pad that had been incubated for an hour in their mothers’ vagina. These gut, oral, and skin microbiome of these newborns were more similar to vaginally-born newborns than to other newborns who experienced the standard cesarean birth. This similarity persisted through one month of life, when the study ended. These findings are consistent with population-based studies showing that children born via elective cesarean birth (no labor) are at higher risk for health problems like asthma compared to children who had some exposure to their mother’s vaginal microbiome during labor, even if labor ended in cesarean (Kristensen & Henriksen, 2016).

The whole article: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5648605/

Phl218 and SpeedyE like this.
  6. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

You think that's gross, read up on the seeding some mothers do for C section babies because the believe this so fiercely.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh. Wonder what happens if the mother used baby powder....

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Or fecal transplants

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Eat shit and......live?

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You don't eat it. It goes in the back door.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

So is there a donor bank or do you just pack someone else's stuff up there?

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

sheepofblue likes this.
  13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I have no idea. I've only read about it being done a few times in Western medicine, but iirc, it usually comes from a healthy family member.

You can read about it here: https://www.verywellhealth.com/fecal-transplant-information-3156924

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Anecdote time!

Eldest was a c-section. Anaphylactic peanut allergy, GI reaction wheat/gluten allergy, dust mite and furry shedding creatures allergy.

Youngest was natural. Near as I can tell, nothing fazes her.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Maybe you should have stuffed the first one back up the old cooter.

auminer likes this.
  16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I like my allergy-laden kid too much to do that to her.

17. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

Ah shit, see these people are everywhere! Get that incorrect bullshit out of your head.

Celiac is genetic. You didn't hear about it in the 1800's because there was no test for it. Also the people (kids) who had it probably died before they were 10 and the record keeping and diagnosis of death were probably shit (it's quite likely they died of Flu, Pneumonia, Measles, etc before the malnutrition got them) . If you have celiac and are eating gluten, the odds of getting sick go through the fucking roof because your body is actively trying to kill itself.

The term at the time was "banana kids" because that was about the only thing they could eat, since Dr.s didn't realize wheat was the issue.

18. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

Eldest was c-section. Celiac disease but otherwise pretty stout

Youngest was natural. Allergic to outside and most berries, just Tuesday the nurse made me come pick him up from school and take him to urgent care because it looked like he got punched in the eye. Turns out it was pollen, got Rx eye drops. He already is doing Zyrtec daily but by the afternoon has red itchy eyes and sniffling nose every day. Taking him in to see what the next steps are.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Oh shit!

Forgot the seasonal allergies that Cora has too. I think Hazel has them too, she'll come home sounding like Stevie Nicks.

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Too many people who shouldn't live long enough to breed, are, sounds like.

We need to cull the herd.

Hell, start with MY spawn. I've been ~20/200 in my left eye and 20/400 in the right since birth, I suppose. A sabretooth tiger should've chomped on me long ago.