1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roundup and Cancer

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, May 15, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

2. Turbotech

Turbotech Well-Known Member

Agent orange v2.0

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Exactly the same type my father had. Also exposed to this stuff for years farming.

4. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

No where did they prove the cause effect relationship...it's all circumstantial. This award will lose once it gets out of San Francisco. NHL is quite common, about 4% of all cancer.

5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I heard the EPA said the opposite of the UN

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I finally figured out what buzzword they used to get Johnson and Johnson to lose the stanky vagina lawsuits - asbestos. Somewhere down the line J&J evidently discovered asbestos in talcum powder and didn't tell anyone but did switch mines for its baby powder talc - but that's all it takes is a buzzword that people think is evil. No true proof powder causes cancer any more than roundup but juries don't care. For Round-Up all it takes is suing Monsanto, the root of all evil everywhere.

terminus est and ducnut like this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The only question I have is which greedy idiot at Bayer green lit the Monsanto buyout. It must not be comfortable being him right now. Monsanto is going down, and taking Bayer with it.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    SpeedyE, ducnut and Fonda Dix like this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, once the settlements started to get announced and every lawyer and then some started advertising for any type of cancer sufferer who had even been in a garden center near a jug of round-up I figured Monsanto was screwed.

Champer likes this.
  9. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

I had somebody arguing with me that glyphosate is the reason I have Celiac disease - and if I would just stop eating wheat treated with it I would suddenly get better.

Doesn't work like that but I sure as hell wish it did!

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm still loving the people freaking out over GMO's. Wondering when bees will be sued or any horticulturist who has ever grafted any plant...

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Anecdotal I know, but I have heard of people who don't noticeably react to Italian made pastas, ostensibly due to different farming methods.

ducnut likes this.
  12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Can I sue Jimmy Carter for my eldest's peanut allergy? :p

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't have proof of anything, but since watching a fairly extensive investigative report a few years ago on the shit going on in Argentina (not this documentary, but it's on the same topic), I can tell you that Monsanto does not want me sitting on a jury. :D

SpeedyE likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Different farming methods or different strains of wheat being used?

15. Champer

I have heard that - though I have also gotten sick while in the UK getting accidental exposure...sooooooooo dunno. Won't find me testing the theory though!

There is a study/trial about to start at the Mayo for a medicine to block the reaction - I thought about signing up, but the trial was 14 weeks long, and I had to eat bread every night and log my reaction after taking the medication. I could also be placed on the placebo and it would be the 14 most agonizing weeks of my life.

BUT - if the medicine turns out to work, it would be worth it long term. I'm torn.

16. Champer

Strains of wheat from what I understand

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd be more pissed at the farmers and the government than the company they buy the chemicals from.

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I include crop variations in farming methods. Strains, cross breeds, soil and fertilizing, pesticide and herbicide application...any and/or all the variables.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Be nice if there was something like an epi pen to kill the reaction, but I can't see going back to the good ol' days of whole wheat and white bread. Cora snuck a donut at school and suffered the GI consequences for it, great lesson but I would like to be able to stop the reaction if she gets accidentally dosed.

20. Champer

Yep that's the theory - not a daily thing but more reactionary. I don't want to throw away my summer, so if there is still something come November I may just take one for the team and sign up.