1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round 8 - MotoAmerica at the Brickyard

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Sep 25, 2020.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

If it wasn't a convertible it would have been impossible

2. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

I cant imagine a Camaro. When i spiral factured my tibia it was a struggle to get me in a full size pick up. (My stubborn ass refused the meat wagon ride)

3. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

He completely Giovanni Bussei'd that shit.

Circacee, 5axis and YamahaRick like this.
  4. drop

drop Well-Known Member

On facetubes, mongo says putting him in the Camaro was the right choice.

I like fong, but that race was given to him. Zanetti was checking out...

Sdk, hahaha

Mesa finishing 2nd was fantastic.

Tired of the rocco show.

The fans in the stands loved the ducati passing fong.

Stock 1000 was a killer race. Cam did cross the double yellow many times.

On the radio all day yesterday and today, before the races, they were calling teams out about the double yellow. Handing out fines, like candy. Everyone knew.

Also on the radio all day Friday and today, about once every 15 minutes they would be very stern talking about EVERYWHERE you are required to wear a mask. Even in your pit.

Slow red flag is bullshit. A junior cup guy laid next to the track for nearly a complete lap before it was thrown.

henry_carlson, Monsterdood and 5axis like this.
  5. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

and no such luck...

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  6. rapidzrx

rapidzrx Well-Known Member

I call bull, I know volunteers that worked corners at MA races their first time volunteering, this year!

7. rapidzrx

8. rapidzrx

He shouldn't even have been moved!

9. rapidzrx

He shouldn't have been moved until the ambulance arrived or at least not dragged to a car.He couldn't even walk!

turbulence likes this.
  10. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

According to the press release, his fiancé drove him to the hospital! Had a deep laceration and has a fractured ankle :(

11. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

dammit

12. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

To further what @Hoffman900 said

Westby Racing’s Scholtz Injured In Superbike Race One Crash At Indy; Wyman Is Fifth In Junior Cup

After a very solid Friday of practice and qualifying at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Westby Racing’s Mathew Scholtz Racing was injured in a crash during Saturday’s Superbike race one, while Mathew’s teammate Cody Wyman Racing nearly had a podium finish in Junior Cup race one to conclude what was a tumultuous day for the team.

Mathew was in the lead group when the frontrunners went into an area on the track where another rider towards the back of the field had crashed during the previous lap. Some of the lead riders got through the turn with their bikes only sliding slightly, but Mathew wasn’t so lucky. The back end of his #11 Westby Racing Yamaha Racing YZF-R1 suddenly snapped around--obviously due to fluid spilled on the track by the previously crashed motorcycle--and he and the machine went sliding off the track. Almost simultaneously, Cameron Beaubier also crashed because of the fluid, and his bike unfortunately slid into Mathew and made hard contact with Mathew’s right leg.

The race was red-flagged and, after a short period of time, Mathew got to his feet, was transported to the track’s medical facility, and then his fiancée Kiara drove him to the hospital to be evaluated and treated for a fractured right ankle and a deep laceration to his right thigh.

Mathew’s prognosis for returning to racing is still to be determined, and an update on his condition will be provided in the coming days. For now, he has been ruled out of Sunday’s two Superbike races, and the entire team sends their best wishes to their rider.

In Saturday’s Junior Cup race and aboard the only Yamaha YZF-R3 in the field, Cody started on the third row in seventh position, and he knew he was in for a fierce battle to reach the podium, as has been the case all season long. He used the knowledge he gained from his previous visits to Indy as a driving instructor, as well as some inspired late-breaking maneuvers, to get himself into position for a coveted spot on the podium, which he had going onto Indy’s long front straightaway on the final lap. At the checkers, third place was a photo finish between Cody and two other riders, and Cody was gutted by the fact that he missed out on third place by just .151 of a second, ultimately finishing fifth, which is still a very good result, but not quite what he wanted.

“On Friday, we were really struggling, and in the first qualifying session, I ended up way down in 14th place. I didn’t have a lot of front-end feel because we decided to use old tires so we could save the new tires for this morning’s final qualifying. During Q2, I felt great, and an overnight change in the bike’s gearing helped me qualify seventh. The afternoon race was red-flagged, and on the restart, I was ninth on the first lap, but I eventually fought my way up to third. I’ve been so close to getting on the podium, and I thought I was in a good spot on the final lap, but I got drafted to the finish line, and I ended up in fifth. I can’t wait to get out there tomorrow and make the bike better for race two.”

Sunday’s Junior Cup race two is at 2:10 p.m. Eastern, and it will be streamed on MotoAmerica Live+. FOX Sports 2 (FS2) will broadcast both of Indy’s Junior Cup races via tape-delay on Tuesday, October 13th starting at 9 p.m. Eastern.

13. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

OK everyone, put away your torches and pitchforks.

1_kyqanT1fq8I2D-oD8QtuBw.jpeg

MELK-MAN likes this.
  14. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I was just happy to see Mathew move after laying there crumpled for a while. Considering the response and the fact he was driven to the hospital by his fiancée, it’s a really good thing he didn’t have serious injuries.

Senna likes this.
  15. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

You can call bull all you want, it's what I was told when I volunteered for an event. Were all these people you know working by themselves?? Corner stations have multiple people working in them at MA events (if they're staffed correctly), so you can have someone that's inexperienced working as long as at least one other corner worker at that station has experience doing that.

16. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Gutted for Scholtz and Wesby team, they certainly have some bad luck. The goal was 2nd for this season and it was looking pretty good and now hes probably going to miss the rest of the season

17. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Stop making sense, it’s better to have stayed at Holiday Inn Express last night.

sbk1198 likes this.
  18. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Not sure where that was, but call Fanisha or Tony before a AMA event flagged by FBF and tell them you want to work a corner with no experience. One will tell you politely no. The other will laugh first, then say no. They will invite you to come to small events to get experience though. I wish more would, its a rewarding experience, or it was for me.

19. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

This.

Matt was riding so well this year, and having in the past being a bit of a wildman, was riding really maturely this season. His two in race crashes have really been the result of other people (Bobby crashing into the back of him and then someone else's oil / Cam's bike hitting him).

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The mistakes at Indy seem to be a combination of a new event, the size of the place, the track not knowing motorcycle racing and lack of resources due to the fear of covid cooties.

I expect next year's to be much better with most of the problems gone. Shit, I expect a lot of them to be gone today.

Bubba and that Doo-cat-eee are stupid fast. Once he gets used to the 'lops I expect him to scare boobietitties.