1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round 8 - MotoAmerica at the Brickyard

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Sep 25, 2020.

1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

He passed that Suzuki like it was a stock bike.

2. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

Love or hate Ducati they made a fire breathing monster in the V4R.

henry_carlson, sbk1198 and turbulence like this.
  3. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

i don’t think so. as long as he keeps it on two wheels, he’ll win by 8 seconds tomorrow. he caught that front group with ease starting from the back of the grid and had started to check out when he went down.

but anyone remember the last time Cam has crashed three times in a weekend (albeit one not being his fault)?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    henry_carlson likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Gawd, I'd hate to see Boobietitties here in the US next year. He needs to go before he gets stale and doesn't have the chance to leave.

5. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Cam Petersen hit with that track cut penalty. T. Wyman got the win today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. turbulence

woah! seriously??

there were more people who crossed that line too. did they get penalized?

edit, just looked. lots of penalties handed out

7. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

To bad the pos won’t turn, we must have watched a different race. :rolleyes: Pretty sure we did.

The race I watched showed him get in front because Fong didn’t execute the turn onto the front straight very well that lap. Once pinto bean or what ever got in front he tried to slow the pace, fucked up like 3 times on 1/2 a lap and Fonger was there the whole time waiting to put the knife in him. Bobby was gonna win regardless his body language said it the whole 3 in one races I watched.

8. LossPrev

LossPrev Well-Known Member

Well I'll never forget Roger Penske pulling up in a Tahoe, walking into our garage and yelling at everybody for not wearing masks. Not everyday you get yelled at by a billionaire

Hard watching Wyman walk across a hot track with no help or red flags and then shortly after watch as they try to stuff a hurt Scholtz into a Camaro. Like wtf, who makes an injured rider walk over to Camaro then make him get out to get on a stretcher. Weird

Aside from the safety response it is really cool being here and hopefully becomes a perennial track on the calendar

9. The Beer Hunter

I love Fonger. Happy to see him get a much deaerved win. I dont think Cam or the Yamahas have pace here. Should be a suzuki/ducati show tomorrow

roy826ex likes this.
  10. The Beer Hunter

Thats "The Captain" to you, son.

LossPrev and noles19 like this.
  11. Henrybgood2

Henrybgood2 Well-Known Member

I was outside the fence, from what I saw I thought they loaded him into an ambulance.

12. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Yeah, that was tough and watching the field go nearly all the way around before they tossed the red. I was screaming at the monitor "throw the Fing red!!" then it repeated itself when Cam and Matthew went down

13. Henrybgood2

They combine volunteers with track supplied marshals. They don't rely on volunteers to do all the marshalling.

14. Ducman851

rewatch the race They showed on Live+ them shoving him into a red Camaro but his helmet wouldnt fit in

15. Henrybgood2

I don't have to watch Live +, I was there. Did you see them leave with him in it?

16. Ducman851

Nope, the camera cut away, but the fact that, that was the first emergency vehicle on scene after he'd been down for several minutes, had his boots removed and was kinda limping about and they tried to get him in the passenger seat was a curious move

17. turbulence

that may have just been a place for him to sit down until the ambulance got there. he was eventually loaded into the ambulance

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

It would be tough to get in a Camaro with leathers/helmet on without being injured.
    I'll bet someone gets a talking to, or even fired, with all the bush league moves by the officials. Not a good way to promote racing.

Ducman851 likes this.
  19. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

More than curious. Bad. C'mon, MotoAmerica, you can do better than that.

20. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Zanetti needs to work on his whole shot! He got gobbled up every time. Cam was looking pretty fast himself so I hope it’s dry tomorrow so we can see what’s what in an ideal setting