1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round 7 |MotoAmerica Superbikes at Alabama | SEP 18-20

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Sep 16, 2020.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

What he said about my friend after he crashed was still inappropriate. You can back him all you want but that was some bullshit especially on a live feed.

5axis likes this.
  2. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

What did he say?

3. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

It is unfortunate that reality and perspective seem to have passed you by. I think we have seen your type before on here. Are you related to AMAfan, by any chance?

RRP likes this.
  4. henry_carlson

What are you on about? I'm talking about how a broadcast works, the give and take between the lead and color analyst, how to direct the producers and navigate the broadcast. This is a television show. Remove your know it all amateur racing arm chair quarterback know it all bias then evaluate Robbie. You all seem to have a personal vendetta against him because he makes corny jokes and is a bit goofy. To me it seems no one will do for you so give it mute and save yourself the heartache

The Beer Hunter and Skter505 like this.
  5. kenessex

I don't really care about how a broadcast works, I am more outcome based. You seem to be in a minority on here about Robby Floyd since you are the only person that thinks he is doing a good job. Mute is not a great option since I enjoy the input from Roger and the pit reporting from Jamie Howe. I don't care that much about corny jokes, what I care about is misinformation, mispronunciation of names, and attempts to provide color commentary on roadracing by comparing it to MX. My vendetta isn't personal, it is about viewer enjoyment. I don't know about my amateur racing arm chair qb status, but I have raced Barber and have been racing for a couple of years so I may have a small perspective on what goes on on a racetrack, with a racebike during a race.
    Have you raced Barber?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I know how a broadcast works, even been in the truck helping the director with information and where good racing that would matter to viewers was happening. I also know and have known good announcers - and they do their homework so as to not make the mistakes I keep hearing about.

henry_carlson likes this.
  7. henry_carlson

I don't know about my amateur racing arm chair qb status, but I have raced Barber and have been racing for a couple of years so I may have a small perspective on what goes on on a racetrack. ............................................ you just confirmed my statement. Robbie Floyd has been a professional broadcaster for years so I think he has a small perspective on what it takes to broadcast. And I love how he favorably compares cam and jeremy mcgrath and you want him strung up and hanged because its not the connection YOU wanted. Cmon man cool out

No I havent raced, I dont race and never will. Sure id love to send it at a track day but I am a fan and as a fan I appreciate his effort to improve his knowledge and love that he didnt let the broadcast cut away to a cool down lap.

8. henry_carlson

So have you watched the races or are you just saying youve also heard people complain?

9. grasshopper

15:31 in SSTK Q1 - "I'm thinking that's a guy who likes being closest to the snack shack and the bathrooms"

Circacee likes this.
  10. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

He`s not perfect , but I would agree he has improved.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have not seen you or anyone else refute the claims about mispronunciations and mistakes and plain old bad comments on crashing. If you haven't done so while defending him I have no reason to think they're false. Don't need to watch them to figure that one out.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, that's some Jacques Villeneuve-level cuntery! I hope he has an AMA championship or two to his name to say stuff like that.

Shocker and henry_carlson like this.
  13. grasshopper

Yea no shit. It's one thing to say shit around the camp fire the night after a race but to say that crap on a live feed is being a true blue douche bag. I'd tell him to fuck off right to his face.

Shocker and JJJerry like this.
  14. henry_carlson

Damn that is fucked

15. kenessex

Well, there you have it. I am a different audience than you are. I have been racing with WERA for 43 years and don't appreciate his presumption of expertise in a sport I love.
    I have reviewed your posts on here and have come to the conclusion that you are an internet expert on motorcycle roadracing. You manage to find and repeat a variety of observations about every professional series in the world and state your take aways as fact. I would ask you to get to the track and volunteer to help with the racing organization or some racers to gain some first hand experience. I think at a WERA race there are plenty of racers that would welcome you in their pits to help out and there is always a need for cornerworkers at the track. It might give you some new perspective, insights and it is a ton of fun. You don't need to be on the track to be involved with racing deeper than just being a fan.

grasshopper likes this.
  16. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

That's the prevailing issue. He's not professional. He's unprepared and in nearly 2 years with MA has not shown noteworthy improvement.

He consistently proves that point with adolescent attempts to deflect and poor "jokes".

In addition, there is a short list of default comments he makes during every class he announces. These comments highlight either his ignorance of the sport he is covering or laziness to improve.

If he has any perspective on broadcasting, it is most definitely small. If he has been at it so long, that makes his performance even worse as he should know better.

EDIT - Personally, I don't cut RLH slack and definitely not because he raced. He has shown marked improvement in a short time as an announcer. As opposed to someone who is supposedly "a professional and been at it for years."

NOTE - Jamie Howe, while coming from auto racing background, has seemingly no motorcycle/roadracing announcing experience. She hit the ground running and has obviously learned the teams and the sport. She has done nothing but impress me in the 7 or so months with MA.

This shows what a professional broadcaster who's "been at it for years" should reflect (my opinion).

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    Ducman851, Shocker, jksoft and 3 others like this.
  17. DJ Baker

DJ Baker Well-Known Member

Sounded to me like he was talking about a camera man in the area, rather than the racer.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  18. henry_carlson

Hold on here, even from my coveted internet expert status I still think he is bad, Rog is shit too! I just have seen both of them improve and was trying to convey that. Thats it! I dont understand why they dont just have Greg and JP do it all.
    If yall need someone to find a phone number or email address, estimate capacity or locate some personal details I can help out. Otherwise Ill help by buying my weekend ticket to 5+ events a season. And I love being on here because of people like yours perspective but in my limited time here I have noticed it can become an echo chamber

19. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

In regards to Robbie Floyd, if he does that god damn growl again about the Law Tigers I'm going to throw my whole body into the TV.

TX Joose and henry_carlson like this.
  20. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Rowr rowr rowr! Lol.

Trainwreck likes this.