1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round 7 |MotoAmerica Superbikes at Alabama | SEP 18-20

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Happy for Mesa and I’m an Alexander fan (mainly because he’s oversized like me). He’s done very well with his very small program and changing your own tire on camera has got to win some people over.

henry_carlson likes this.
  2. How do you bend the rule book if you don’t open it ? You bend it, not leave it closed, fold it in half and trash it before reading it :)

3. I commented on the trans actually but I made the assumption it was legal based off BSB rules, I’m not entering a bike so I didn’t need to verify legality ;-)

4. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Incredible stk 1000 race. Wow.

And again, Cam is such a humble dude

Hoffman900 likes this.
  5. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Ratios developed to suit that bike are absolutely better. Will it turn a trackday guy into Cam B? No, but in pro racing it matters. Every racing class where this is allowed there is a weight penalty. In some SCCA racing classes, you see +50lbs for non stock ratios and +75lbs or thereabouts for an aftermarket dog box.

I know he said they did it because they couldn’t get a stock one but his whole business is getting the unobtaium. On their IG they said they hope to get a stock one with the next week.

I would have to think the firmware issue is pretty simple as long as they get the correct Motec ecu, which as you indicate, are available.

Just seemed like this would have been resolved by just opening the rules. Freddy sells or procures parts for a few of the front running teams, so he could have easily run some of this by guys like Richard Stanboli or Chuck at Westby.

I do hope they make right with Andrew, with however their agreement was structured and I really do hope / want SBU to enter a legal bike(s) and run a whole season.

6. I’m very well versed on ratios, I was referring to him stating it was because they grenaded a trans and couldn’t get a replacement. Then in his video he’s showing the awesome high dollar one.
    I agree that will all his contacts and interactions you’d think he’d know better. Drastic and embarrassing oversight. Just sucks.

7. Hoffman900

That and now they claim they hope to have a stock one by next week.

Just wished they read the rulebook and saved themselves the embarrassment.

8. On board with that thought process.

9. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

10. Hoffman900

Richie is fun to watch.

Ducman851 likes this.
  11. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Holy crap!! The gloves are off

Hoffman900 likes this.
  12. Hoffman900

Go Richie!

Before the SDK whine fest, as GW just pointed out, RE is going about as fast as Bobby did last year on what is faster conditions.

Ducman851 likes this.
  13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

curious as to what happened to the trans... is it like the stock Kawi ti headers?? Just blows apart? :D

14. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

They had an aftermarket transmission in it

15. Hoffman900

Richie is still running qualifying laps. Can’t wait to see him step it up next year as he’ll be another quality rider in the mix.

16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I know that Im talking about why the "stock" transmission failed.

17. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Escalante putting a stamp on it today. *waits for M4 protest* [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Hoffman900

It happens.

Parts fail on all the time. Could be a bad gear, could be mis assembled, etc. I’ve seen billet cranks and Carrillo rods fail.. shit happens.

The Graves built Kawasaki’s in SSTK I don’t believe are having problems with the gearboxes, so it doesn’t seem to be systemic.

I just think they showed up assuming that the gearbox is legal in WSBK and BSB and it is here. It’s not and in WSBK, you still have to declare your ratios and they lock those in for the season.

TurboBlew likes this.
  19. Hoffman900

I mean SDK needs to go at least as fast as Bobby did last year for that to work. IMO, so far he isn’t and Richie is going about as fast as Bobby and Debise were going on the Zuk.

Circacee likes this.