1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round 5 |Komatsu MotoAmerica Superbikes at the Ridge | Aug 28 - 30

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

The dude on the mic asking roger if he likes to wheelie, puts left boot on before right etc... so cringe roger just said no I loved it

5axis and sbk1198 like this.
  2. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

And shout out to Lucas Silva I remember the first time he raced with his brothers he’s stepping up big time huge respect for him he is putting in a lot of work behind the scenes and it’s paying off.

3. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

+1 on Luca! That young man has stepped it up this year! Congrats on his 1st MA Supersport podium!

t11ravis and rafa like this.
  4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Some good thoughts to the junior cup kids that got hurt in warm up, Alexis olivera broke both ankles and is waiting on surgery.
    And I believe Gus rodio got hurt also.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  5. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Definatley. And I think they said he broke his femur

6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Damn

7. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Broken Femur in his Right Leg, surgery today.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  8. Damn. I don’t like the fact they use the chicane at the start, thought I heard that was discussed and riders thought using it would be best. After this event I’d hope they rethink that. That place it tough on equipment if you crash. Tough on bodies in the chicane.

9. henry_carlson

I read the same thing and think someone actually posted the link on here, but looking at social media a ton of riders did not like the chicane.

10. henry_carlson

3 broken bones, 1 concussion and how many red flags? 6???? Crazy weekend

11. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

On TV the wall at pit entrance looked sketchy as hell. Does it look bad in person?

jksoft likes this.
  12. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Today they need
    Back on page 9 and was a post on MA website. The article says they interviewed Cam B. and Fong and each said they were OK with using the chicane for the starts. But to me, their wording reads as if all riders were polled by MA and rider were OK with it. Which doesn't seem to be the case apparently.

henry_carlson likes this.
  13. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I rewatched the Supersport interviews from Saturday. Pretty shady words from SDK.

14. khill

khill Well-Known Member

Especially in the pre-event video where he said, "It's a riders track......"

15. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Good catch Ken. I hope to see Escalante bounce back in Jersey.

16. CBRGriff

CBRGriff Well-Known Member

Last year at Road ATL I was sitting at T5 and RE looked really racey down there. Making passes and coming in looking to be almost out of control(the way the 636 looks alot of the time). He's just the better rider right now. He has a good setup that he knows the razors edge limit on and he's there every race.

17. A 599cc riders track :) What was ironic is where and how RE made his passes, sure didn’t seem like power had a lot to do with it, even setting up the passes. I like his “not taking anything away from Richie”. Really? You are around about way saying you go beat by 37cc’s and not the fact the guy rides his ass off on a chassis that’s probably not best in class. They seem to be getting every last bit out of the package they have and that thing looks like a handful to ride. Mind you RE rides a bit loose and I also think he goes as fast as he needs to. Oh and you also forgot to mention the fact he didn’t attend the test there either and learned the track Thursday. Once he got out front Saturday he rode smart and went as fast as he needed to to win, SDK and BP didn’t have the pace. Not to mention he’s not exactly a huge guy either. All in all I found it very tasteless and I lost a lot of respect for the kid. BP is slowly getting to terms with the bike and team but something seems to be missing. I don’t know what end it’s on wether set up, ability or the dynamics of the program. He doesn’t look like the same kid I watched in BSB that’s for sure.
    KHill, you are more in tune to that aspect of things as I’ve not been in the paddock much but something just seems off with BP.

18. khill

khill Well-Known Member

re - RE, the bike hasn't changed, but the the team, the rider and development - for the same bike - has. (kinda like the GSXR years ago...)

BP is a massive talent. I worked with him around 4 years ago and he was in no way ready for structure. Robert Ward stepped in to his program this weekend and the results were massive. I only had a small part with rider input. BP is now receptive to feedback and imo, what's missing is, consistent training to be a professional rider, as he is only at the beginning of the curve. BP has a lot to improve on (I'm not going into detail here) and absolutely can go far, but the improvement this last weekend was mainly all crew chief direction.

Ken

19. Don’t know Ward personally but his reputation is very good and I was wondering if that was part of it this weekend. Didn’t know you were working with BP personally although I may have seen your mug on tv but apologize for asking pointed questions as that’s not cool of me to do with a rider you are working with. Sorry about that. From what I’ve seen of BP first hand and knowing some of the team he’s worked with in BSB once he opens up lines of communication things get moving in the right direction. Agree he is a massive talent but times riders needs people like you to help fine tune the entire package. Damn brains seem to get in the way some times of riders going fast :)

Quicktoy and henry_carlson like this.
  20. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Robert is a solid addition to any team. Tons of experience and solid thinking. Got to know him when he was with Latus Kawi during the Fong era.

Canadian Bacon likes this.