1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Rossi has more talent than Marquez" - Andrea 'Dovi' Dovizioso

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

[​IMG]

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, that was cold.

3. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Liking Rossi doesn’t make you an Uccio. Being blind to his faults and mistakes and denying the ability of every other rider does. They also say shit like “Marc has to ride 500s that no longer existed when he raced to equal Rossi”. Hell, the actual Uccio probably doesn’t even fit that definition and is one of the few who will tell Valentino when his head is up his own ass.

Why are we even having a debate then? If on track performance is the only thing that matters, the GOAT will always be Agostini. Marc has a somewhat possible chance to grab total wins, no one will ever match or exceed Ago’s title haul unless we go back to racing 2 or 3 classes per season.

I love the racing, but at its core MotoGP is an entertainment product that exists only to sell me Hondas and Monster energy drinks. So I want to be entertained with the whole product, not just good racing. We need good stories. I mean, does anyone really give a fuck about these last 4 rounds now that the title is done and dusted?

I actually like Marc’s don’t give a fuck attitude about other riders and his appetite to win everything. I’d like him a lot more if he’d drop the programmed corporate persona more often. It’d be nice to see him fire back and say “What would Dovi know about talent? He took 2 wins his first 10 seasons of MotoGP.”

Yes, the post race celebrations were always stupid. So were the easy credit McMansions, easy credit liter bikes, Hayabusas, Hummer H2s, unsustainable AMA budgets, diamond grills and Southern Rap. The bike racers were doped with every substance known and unknown to man, the MotoGP bikes were always sideways, and the titties were big and fake. Rossi’s excess perfectly captured the time. Member?

BigBird and Floyd like this.
  4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I've often wondered if the did allow it, would the riders have enough stamina to do it?

5. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

They barely have the stamina for a 20 round season. That’s not a knock on them. A modern GP season is fucking brutal. Not even Marc could race multiple categories and succeed. The level is way too high today.

6. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

All u uccio haters are dead to me.

sill'r B sill'd likes this.
  7. Phl218

Phl218 .

Broome could

and he would fly his treadmill with him

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

Didn't Freddie Spence say it burnt him out doing that?

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Are you kidding?
    • Will Quartararo win a race before the season is out?
    • Can Lorenzo get a couple of results good enough to secure his job?
    • How will Zarco do on the Honda?
    That stuff is at least as interesting to me as watching the last six months wondering how early Marquez would clinch the title.

10. 600 dbl are

IMO even if he is back to full fitness (which I don't think he is), I can't see him pushing this late in the season and risk another injury. I think his plan is to get healthy and start fresh next year. Did I miss a rumor that HRC plans to boot him?

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The way things are these days (from a business/sponsorship standpoint), I think it would only be Moto 2+ Moto 3 at best if it were allowed. I can't imagine any MotoGP team allowing a rider to do two classes.

BigBird and 600 dbl are like this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think that he has made way too many statements about wanting to stay at Honda next year for there not to be at least some small possibility that this might not happen. If it were a sure thing, why talk about it so much? I'm sure the media keeps asking him and he has to answer but I don't know, it seems odd to me.

13. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I'm just wondering if the media is badgering HRC and Lorenzo camp so much because of his obvious struggles and injuries resulting in all these statements about him wanting to stay, etc.

Who would they replace Lorenzo with? Bradl? Bump little Marquez up and screw over Marc VDS at the last minute? Tell Bautista to put on the Repsol leathers instead? Zarco IF he auditions well?

14. 600 dbl are

In reality I don't think it matters too much to HRC/Repsol as long as someone is on the bike. As talented as Lorenzo is, I don't ever see him (or anyone else at the moment) able to replicate the results Marquez has on the 213v. I think he could win a race or two, some podiums, but not at the rate Marquez does. I really hope I'm wrong.

As for the mini Marquez, it wouldn't be the first time HRC screwed over a satelite sponsor for a rider. They didn't seem to have any issues sticking it to Telefonica with Pedro, so it's always a possibility.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll agree MM is a hell of a great rider but throttle control? Not so sure on that one. He is absolutely better at the new crop of bikes with electronics.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He did OK in Moto 2. He's not bad on dirt either.

CRA_Fizzer and pscook like this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't disagree but neither is enough to say better or worse throttle control than Rossi. It's just not something you could really compare without full access to their data. I wouldn't say either is better than the other on something like that.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

There is an award or ranking for "Best Throttle Control" :confused:

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, sorry. I wasn't responding about how he compares to Rossi, but just saying that he has plenty of training on bikes without traction control.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  20. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Yes, almost as prestigious as "Miss Congeniality" (Cal has that one locked up)

BigBird likes this.