1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ron Hix Cam - Onboard vid from Road America CCS USB

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by ronhix, May 12, 2009.

1. ronhix

ronhix Well-Known Member

This vid is from the CCS Unlimited Superbike race at Road America on Sunday, May 3, 2009. The other rider is Brian Hall. It was a close race for sure and when I missed a shift coming out of turn 3 on the last lap, that was the difference in the race. Brian did a great job in this race, hats off to him for sure! :up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc4rL5iejXg

Big props to Jeff Little at Traqmaterental.com for setting up the video cams and GPS stuff on the bike and then integrating all the data into one cool video. Jeff is track side at a lot of trackdays and he is offering this same service to anyone. Great learning tool.

2. ronhix

ronhix Well-Known Member

Zero responses, huh?

Personally, I thought this was one of the coolest video / data setups I had ever seen. Front and rear cams coupled with real time GPS data showing track position, speeds, G forces, etc.

All coupled together with a back and forth battle at one of the country's fastest race tracks.

I guess the WERA crowd is pretty hard to impress. :Poke:

3. onlyjames

onlyjames Unregistered User

Hey Ron, I watched, and Im about to watch again.....some pretty awesome stuff. Defintatly something I would love to have at some point. Hopefully if my first year of racing goes well I can have a reason for something so awesome.

I was also going crazy trying to imagine comming down a fast straight only to grab for a brake that ISNT working!! crazy video, I can only imagine that "ohhhh....shi" feeling. *video comes up on the side bar*

Good Stuff Ron!

4. ronhix

ronhix Well-Known Member

Thanks James!

5. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

:up:Just got a chance to watch vid, very nice. i like the way its all set up:up:

6. ssass

ssass Well-Known Member

That is a pretty sweet vid.

Just wish there had been more riders around, kind of a solo ride, other than that though, it was pretty bad ass.

Oh the lighting wasn't that great, but that wasn't your fault hah

7. ronhix

ronhix Well-Known Member

LOL, yeah I'll work on that lighting. BTW, I wish there would have been one more bike in the vid but Brian Stokes kinda checked out on us. NOTE TO SELF: Stop checking up on the brakes into turn one at the start of the race! :)

8. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Nice work....:up: Made me feel like I was riding the bike............:wow: :)

9. JoeNashville

JoeNashville Well-Known Member

Nice Vid. ALMOST too much info. Is there a readable tach? I couldn't see it, wasn't sure what the vertical led bar on the lower right is. Curious about the rpms and up and down shift points. Good race too! :up:

10. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

very nice vid :up:

11. JimmyOOOOO

JimmyOOOOO pin it.

Ron, if you had titled this thread "Obama loves this video" and put it in the dungeon, you'd probably have 50 pages of responses already. :crackup:

GREAT STUFF! :up:

12. fifty_one_fifty

fifty_one_fifty Lydia's Dad

Excellent vid Ron, you are turning into Mr.Utoob. Keep them coming!
    p.s. I haven't thrown that kws bike I snagged from you in the rhubarb yet...

13. maine11204

maine11204 Well-Known Member

awesome vid. I wish I could have a video set up like that.