1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roll Call Tally V7

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by ScottyRock155, Dec 29, 2008.

1. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Who is going to be at Tally to start the new year in V7? And is anyone going to be doing any trackdays the weekend(s) before? I want to get out there at least one day so my first time on the bike isn't a race weekend.

And just so everyone knows, I've already been working on my list -

- stock motor
    - new bike
    - stock motor
    - new class
    - stock motor
    - rusty from year off
    - stock motor

Thats a good start, I will add to it as we go. :beer:

2. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Im not so sure if Ill make the Feb race or not. Last time I raced Tally in Feb. The 7hw race crashed out and broke my collar bone. Stickboy and a few remember it Im sure. Was snowing like hell and even colder. Plus we are doing the endurance thing in March in Savannah. But I will be pulling the f3 out Jan 24th at Tally to shake it down. Hoping KJ and Skwid can make it down and Im sure Stick will be there. Especially after the disapointing events that happened a couple weeks ago at Tally with the kids water pump going out on me,and I didnt even get to ride.

What bike are you bringing out that weekend Scotty?

3. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Nope........see you when the skies are blue and the temperature stays above 70.

:beer:

4. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

whens tally? you rebs race that early? wtf we still have ice on the lawns up here.how far is tally ?hell where is tally?

5. Dyle

90 minutes west of Atlanta. Look up Exit 185 in Anniston Ala.
    coming from Atl you would shoot str8 out of Atlanta on I20 go 25 miiles across the Ga/Ala line to exit 185 and turn left. Go exactly 11 miles and track is on your left. If you come down Sauce we may try and come out with you. But just because you made the long ass haul down.

6. Dyle

oh its the first of Feb

7. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

feb 1st ? so what like a 14hr drive? i might just come down their,tryn to sell my shit realy, but iam inchn to ride.is it cold in feb? hell road americia we raced in 28 degree weather & that was in april.how many v7 guys going ? is the mighty king kenny the parts hord going?

8. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Sauce,
    I made the drive from WI to Talladega for the first race one year. It was worth it. That year it was snow at home and sunny and 60's in AL.

Ken

9. newyorkredneck

newyorkredneck Well-Known Member

I'll be at the first race at Tally come hell, high water, snow whatever. I need the motorcycle therapy.
    BTW anyone have a line on one of those van bench seats that folds down to a bed? I feel the need to upgrade Chez` Redneck.

10. ScottyRock155

fzr 400/600

11. Dyle

Ive got an old seat from my ancient Suburban. You are welcome to have it.

12. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

I remember the Tally it snowed during the rider's meeting...BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
    Why do we race in February? I'm with Gypsy, call me after Spring Break.
    January shakedown? Uncertain at this point, there's a recession going on.

13. Dyle

Thats ok Skwid. Youll get plenty of time to shake it down b4 the first race. No worries.

14. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

looks like a small track,what are the lap times dale? is the turn out good? its 14hr drive 1 way.maybe if someone up here wanted to go down with me we could spilt the cost.whats the temp like in feb mid 40's ?

15. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

I wish I was in, but the shoulder is still messed up. Hopefully it'll be ready for the April race.

16. ScottyRock155

Looks like a 1:03 or 1:04 will put you up front. Depends on turnout I guess.

[​IMG]

17. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

I was waiting on your response, but you've outdone yourself on that one. :moon:

18. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

that's for fast & in shape lap times,im fat & slow & round.how bout times for slow & out of shape guys.nice chicken

19. XRacerX

XRacerX Well-Known Member

I def wont make Tally... just back home from the military, awaiting knee surgery. Too broke to go back to the sandbox, breaks my heart!! I'll be at Jennings again, if only to spectate again. Hoping to be on track in V6/V7HW this year... bike is 99% ready!! Im about 20%... does it matter if you go through tech on crutches???? Dont have to walk to be able to ride!!!

20. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

i wont be at tally.
    sold my bike
    havent got a new one yet.
    ill probably just be doing the endurance races with dyle this year, on the bike that i sold him