1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roebling

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Diesel, Feb 14, 2001.

1. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Then again what could I expect? Putting an ape on a tricycle doesn't really make the babes swoon.

2. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

.[/B][/QUOTE]

doesn't really make the babes swoon.

I guess it worked in your case though [​IMG]

3. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

doesn't really make the babes swoon.

I guess it worked in your case though [​IMG][/B][/QUOTE]

Ho ho!!! Someone's brown-nosing! Do you have another one of Keri's videos on extended loan? [​IMG]

4. footwork

actually I just want my picture taken next to your new bike so I can impress my non-racing friends! [​IMG]

any news from 777?

[This message has been edited by footwork (edited 02-18-2001).]

5. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

That's a pretty bold statement... I didn't know you had friends! [​IMG]

I spoke with 777 a few days ago and although the bike runs, it doesn't run as expected. He has 100 psi compression in one cylinder and 60 psi in the other.

My concerns were:
    1) Maybe ring(s) were inadvertently put in upside-down (hey, shit does happen).
    2) If new rings weren't used, maybe one or more didn't make it back onto the piston and into the cylinder it/they originally came from.
    3) The cylinders weren't honed.

I also suggested setting the cam back to the original specs. It's an experimental Taylor cam and since 777 doesn't have figures for overlap, lobe centers, duration etc... there's no sense in adjusting it 4 degrees beyond what Joe set it to.

6. footwork