1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roebling sound limit...

Discussion in 'General' started by jeremy dunn, Jun 9, 2017.

1. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

Anyone else seen this?

I got popped at Jennings a couple weeks ago and had to modify my exhaust or go home. The limit was 104 & they said I was 105. That was Saturday morning, they usually check it at start/finish with a db meter. I found out Sunday that the guy that got me was on the back straight at the kink (turn12?) using an app on his phone. FB_IMG_1497050831338.jpg

G8rDuc likes this.
  2. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

That's worrisome.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not worrisome if you've heard those pipes - they are well over our 105 limit.

4. jeremy dunn

I had heard a few years ago that there was a woman up the road complaining about the noise so I wondered how long it would be before they started clamping down on it. 103 doesn't seem that loud & I was surprised that I was over the 104 limit at Jennings. As long as I've been going there, this is the first time they've ever said anything to me.

5. Brad Perdiew

Brad Perdiew Active Member

It's the end fight or buy a quitter tshirt

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They have always been measuring noise and enforcing it when it's out of hand. This is jusrt them being proactive after seeing a few of these pipes including at our event in March. Nothing new on the enforcement end of things.

jeremy dunn likes this.
  7. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

At the Museum of Technology, isn't that right next to the butt dynamometer?

jeremy dunn and BigBird like this.
  8. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

any idea what a stock R6 with graves race exhaust makes? The one with the carbon silencer. I have an event there in 2 weeks that has me worried.

9. bjs8579

bjs8579 Well-Known Member

I have this setup, and I ran March and May there with no issues.

Gino230 likes this.
  10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

what kind of bike or exhaust do you have? Turn 12 is a fast 3-4th gear left hander and most bikes have the exhaust on the right. Cornerworker station is on the inside of that turn.

11. jeremy dunn

Yep!!!

12. jeremy dunn

R6 with the M4 full system

13. jeremy dunn

This was the quick fix for it, it sucked having to drill 4 holes in the muffler to safety wire it. It is a sink strainer, you can pick them up for about a buck, it might not hurt to keep a couple in the tool box.

Attached Files:

TurboBlew and SpeedyTide like this.