1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roebling Roll Call - 3/15/15

Discussion in 'General' started by jeffr1ey, Mar 2, 2015.

1. hdtwin411

hdtwin411 Well-Known Member

in Sat and Sunday any classes Jackson can ride

2. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

Props to Tuna who rode the wheels off the SV in HWT SB on Sunday taking third. He was rolling.

3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Yes he was. Lots of good riding in the twins class. I should have gone with my gut and put a new tire on the 848. After lap 5 it was toast.

Nice job to both of you. Hope to see you at Tally :up:

4. 418

418 Expert #59

Tuna has skillz. He was riding a POS Buell couple of years ago at Roebling and I swear I have never seen anybody ride so hard through the back section. Dude was riding curb to curb to get that pig through the back section. It was good fun to watch.

5. sowega

sowega #710

It's just a shame that he's such a doucher.

6. :crackup:

7. S Tsotsoros

I was wondering what happened. Interestingly, I was on the fence regarding my rear before the race and decided to put new rubber on. Looks like it was a good decision. If only I could've kept Tuna behind me.

I plan to be at Tally. See you there :up:

8. jimne245

jimne245 Well-Known Member

That new rear had some super grip at the drop of the green flag! :D Hadn't seen a Buell that vertical - I could read your tach from the third row! That was a good racing and glad Scott was ok.

9. S Tsotsoros

Prior to the race I was giving Bryon a hard time about not being able to keep his front wheel down. And then... :wow:

Karma's a bitch!

10. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

All things considered, we had a great weekend. Draik will be writing up a race report shortly and I'll share it here.

11. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

^Looking forward to hearing about his weekend. Sounds like his Sunday was a bit of a roller coaster ride, hope he is doing ok, he looked great out there this weekend

12. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

How old is Draik now and is he liking the SV? Great support Dad!!!:up:

13. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

He's 15. He's loving it, just needs to learn how to control the throttle hand. Thanks!

14. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Did you guys find out how/why the motor blowed up?
    Hope to see you guys in April.

15. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Front Rod failure, known problem, updated/corrected with new part number.

16. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I appreciate that. I'm ok, very very very sore, but ok. :D

17. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Thanks for the props guys. I had a blast this weekend. The bike looks like shit but it runs alright lol I managed to run a bunch of :19's-:18's with a :18.3 being my fastest. The HWT SB race was so much fun. I forgot how fast big twins can be. I'm glad Scott is doing alright. That bike is sexy, even looked good laying on it's side in the grass. ;)
    As well as I was riding, Blackman was riding better on that Moriwaki....I looked back and saw a whole lot of pink, way closer than I cared to. lol He was rollin. It makes ya feel like a punk to get passed by a baby on a pink bike. It's like Palmer Kling all over again. lol Draik and Dante are learning quick and getting fast. This season should be fun with them chasing us in the LW classes as well.

I have to give a huge thanks to Chaplain Mark who went above and beyond to care for our buddy Jeff, who went to the hospital. He kept us informed and went to check on Jeff etc. Many thanks. On that note, I hope the guy who crashed on the white Pani is doing ok, he was in the hospital with Jeff. I also want to thank the Race Director and all of WERA for making great calls considering the rain, red flags and oil on Saturday. It was rough but you guys did awesome. More thanks to Stick for the help with tire choices etc. The Med rear got rid of about 50% of my front end chatter. And thanks to Russell for selling me a sprocket...even if I beat him with it.... :)

Congrats to everyone on their finishes. Some notable ones: Michael Wagner...who I honestly believe is faster in the rain than in the dry. The dude on the purple RD350 who was making the RD400's shit themselves with those big chrome fenders and upright bars! I cheered more for that guy than I did anyone else on Saturday. lol He was giving that bike hell. And whoever had the R1 with the open pipes...that bike sounded so good. Also, mad props to the guy on the Motard who came down from Vermont! And "Big Kyle" who drove from Colorado to race with us!!

All of us from Cincinnati had a great time. See you all at Tally.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  18. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Congrats Tuna. Man it was just a few years back that you and I were nose to tail on those EXs. Way, way back many eras ago I did a :21 on my FZR600. The really fast guys were only doing :19s back then so be proud of those :18s.
    Look fwd to seeing you and being on track with you at Tally. Sorry to say that the fast has probably left me but it will be so cool just being on the track with you and the rest of my race family. I need a Molly hug!:beer::D

19. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

Here's a video of the 600ss race on Sunday. Had a blast mixing it up with a few guys, ended up in the front of the pack I was racing with (4th). Turned out to be an awesome weekend!

20. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

You know winning is great but what you said is what it is about to me. As long as you have a good race for any place it makes for a good weekend