1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roebling Practice

Discussion in 'General' started by wera122, Mar 1, 2000.

1. wera122

wera122 Guest

I just got off the phone with Roebling Road and found out they have an open practice day on Friday March 24th for the Sportsman Series event on the 25th and 26th. It's $75 for the entire day and pre-registration is not required.

See you at the track!

2. fastiger

fastiger Well-Known Member

Check Ed Bargy's web site. There are practices like that at just about every race when he has a school on Fri.

3. wera122

wera122 Guest

Thanks fastiger, I will definitely do that. I can't think of a better excuse to take an extra vacation day from work. [​IMG]

4. wera122

wera122 Guest

Hey fastiger, are you going to be at the open practice day on the 24th?

I'll be rolling in late on the 23rd so I can get a couple hours of sleep before scuffing in the new tires I'm getting mounted this weekend.

Spare rims are definitely worth the investment so you can save your good tires for race day. [​IMG] In the long run it will save you money on tires over the season.

5. fastiger

I am planning on going for the practice. I will probably be rolling in late myself on Thurs. I'll be leaving from Greenville, SC around 5:30. That should put me at the track by 10:00.

6. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

fastiger when roebling is doing pratice last year they would not let you practice if you got there after 10:30 am you might want to leave a little early. fastiger if you don'[t mind me asking what kind of bike do you ride
    whats a good lap time at roebling.I plan on going to practice also.

7. fastiger

I meant 10:30PM Thurs night.

I ride a 600 Suz. I would like to know what a competitive lap time is myself. I practiced there in Jan and I think I was in the mid 1:2x.xx

I was getting passed so I suppose it wasn't fast enough. I timed a guy on a TZ250 running 1:14s. He was the fastest guy that I saw that weekend.

8. wera122

wera122 Guest

I was there in Jan too but didn't have anyone to take lap times. I didn't get passed too much and actually did some passing myself.

Then the rains came..... [​IMG]

There were only 3 of us that went out in the first wet session and they closed the track shortly after that. I wanted a refund but they just laughed and said go home. [​IMG]

9. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

114 is the lap record done buy steve Griggs
    on a rapter. I went there for pratice on march 2 and was on a cbr sled and was doing 122 and 123 and wasnt slideing at all I raced
    vintage last two years so I don't know what a real bike lap time is. I'll find out in two weeks