1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roebling, now THATS a comeback!

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by CharlieY, Jun 2, 2015.

1. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

John Cook, #794, CB350.....His first race back since getting banged up pretty good at Feb Tally 2014.....

In a downpour, He starts poking (and passing) 350's in the next class up, including the "Pink Monster" of Buffs.....wins 350GP, and finishes just behind Buff for the overall....it was impressive to watch. :wow:

Way to go John! Great ride man!:up:

2. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

I have to admit to admit to secretly looking at that bike and giggling internally thinking, "a pink bike, really?".

I stopped giggling when that pink bike and Mark Morrow on his RD came by me on my slick-shod EX500 as I was leading the V5 race and both of them proceeded to give me a tutorial on how to really ride. I was truly humbled.

:bow:

3. boogiesg

boogiesg Well-Known Member

Thanks Charlie :D I'm sure the tires you gave me played a big part in that win. Thanks to Ron for the schrader valve caps, and Bill and Scott for letting me crash in their air conditioned RV. It was a great time and I'm looking forward to hanging out with everyone again at cycle jam. I posted the 500gp on you tube. Looking forward to seeing Bill's gopro footage too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU2a5er5TJE

4. CharlieY

Yeah Kris....Buff and his monster are no joke....even tho I poke him when I can just to see if he's awake. ;)

I'll let him handle the full pink explanation, but I believe he has a family member stricken with breast cancer and it is a show of support to the cause.

Hey man...you were railing on your FZR....that thing sounds so nice.:up:

5. CharlieY

I'm glad to help John, and I'm also glad to see those tires getting used. I got them from Avon in a sponsorship deal several years ago when Dean and I teamed up, broke all my stuff soon after, and never used them.

You did a great job John, bravo sir! :bow: :rock:

6. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Kris-
    Thanks for the props! Don't beat yourself up though. I'm sure both of us had at least 10hp on you with the ex. When you hopped on the fzr, there was nothing I could do except watch you ride away.

John-
    I thought that cb looked familiar, but it didn't click that it was you until afterwards. Great to see you back at the track!

7. billybowwow

billybowwow Rusty Tank Racing (Bill)

Scott and John

Congrats to Scott Wilson as well for a third place in the rain, also his first race back since his incident at Barber last Oct. I have some nice video of John passing me in the rain...will try to upload this afternoon. The air conditioned RV is reserved for race podium finishes.

8. CharlieY

Yeah, your right! I shoulda mentioned Scott too....heck, he had plates and screws installed and removed....sounded rough.

It was good seeing him out there too.....he has a yellow helmet, right?...reminded me of good ol' Wayne.

Bills RV IS the podium.:D

9. boogiesg

Haha!

Yeah Bill, let me know when you get that uploaded. I'll check it out.

10. boogiesg

I forgot to mention in James & Alicia Walker's wheel truing service and fish taco eatery in my list of thank yous. :beer:

11. CharlieY

HA!....Alicia has always fed me well at the Walker castle!:up:

12. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

I really liked those 350s at Roebling. Very impressed. Wish I had my 450 back.

13. CharlieY

I've got a 450 runner for sale Morris....It'll need a lot of work, but its better than starting with a basket.

14. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Thanks man, but no bucks for a project right now. I believe my long range plan is to get another single as soon as I start acting my age and sell the SV. I really loved racing my Yammie SRX600 back in the day. I could def go that way again. Don't even know what the hell class the SRX would run in but don't think I care about points or any of that. I'll try to remember to post up a pic tomorrow.

15. CharlieY

David Rutherford on here runs and SRX....Good luck with any direction you take bike wise sir.:up: