1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roebling Endurance Notes

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by regularguy, Jul 19, 2022.

1. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

I wasn't at this event, but that seems pretty short?

F3racer1 likes this.
  2. F3racer1

F3racer1 Well-Known Member

definitely seems that way.

3. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Robem is working on that, but nothing short term.

Lance Molnar and FastByKids like this.
  4. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

6-7 months? How large thinking of going?

5. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

It would be for 2023. We have to get through Twins Cup before we can put some serious R&D into it. Enough fuel for a 2 stop strategy in a 4 hour race is ideal, not sure if it can be done without being too pricey.

Lance Molnar likes this.
  6. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

I thought our 600 tank was big and it only gets about an 1:20. Another 40 minutes on the bike might take some effort for this crusty rider.

7. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

By my estimations, need about 1.3 more gallons (5.3 gallons total) to be able to do 2-stop.
    2023 Season works for me.
    If you need a Beta tester.....

8. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Actually seemed surprisingly good for us- SV with a 6+gallon tank, at the more stop+go CMP the light came on at about 1:15 but at RR I went about 1:30 and no light. Yes, it's high speed, but you're rarely slowing down a lot and having to burn fuel getting back to speed.

9. F3racer1

F3racer1 Well-Known Member

Jesus. Six gallons is huge. Ours was a stock tank.

Did you see the Army of Darkness Frankenstein tank? It was crazy.

10. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I got one full hour out of my FZ07 stock tank which is 3.7 gallons. I was down to 1 bar on the gauge for 2 laps and pulled in. I bet on the next lap the low fuel light would have come on. But, my engine is in SS trim and running 92 octane non-ethanol pump gas.

FastByKids and F3racer1 like this.
  11. wheelz96

wheelz96 Well-Known Member

We could last 45 minutes with a stock tank on the R6. Everyone of us had the fuel light come on right after the 45min board. This is using race fuel with SS build.

We need a bigger tank... However, nothing made me happier then seeing my fuel light come on hahah. That was a long 45 min...

mpusch, FastByKids and F3racer1 like this.
  12. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Well, a bit of a change. ROBEM will be racing the 4 hour at PIRC and we should have the prototype steel endurance tank on the RS660. Stop by the pits and check it out. Still working on fuel capacity details...