1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roebling Crash Report 3-25-02

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by Turbo Dog, Mar 25, 2002.

1. Turbo Dog

Turbo Dog Well-Known Member

In 600 superstock, I lowsided turn 5 at the same time Greg Ford highsided in turn five. Coincidence? Maybe. I didn't seem to have trouble there earlier. I originally thought that I wasn't on the gas enough and that's why I tucked the front. Upon further thought, maybe something slick was on the track since Greg and I crashed simultaneously. Either way, the turn 5 crash monster got me.

I feel really bad for Max. I saw him hit the ground hard in turn 1 probably going over 120mph. Thank god he's ok. It scared the sh$t out me to see that.

It seemed to me like there were alot of crashes out there.

On the fourth restart of 750 superstock, there were probably 4 crashes on the first lap. It's never a good thing when you see a cloud of dirt in turn 3.

2. Tracie46

Tracie46 Guest

No kidding, T3 is a bitch!

3. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I thought it was interesting how the cornerworker(s), about 30-45 seconds before you and Greg went down, pulled out the debris flag then walked toward the track then turned around and put the debris flag up. They may have been preparing to flag someone over but it was a weird coincidence. I will say though that when you, Greg and Jon D. all went down at the same turn in the same lap, Ed Bargy came around the track and personally walked the entire turn down with the cornerworkers. He then stayed there until the whole field came back by on the restart. That made me feel a little better since Greg and Jon are friends of mine. Not speaking for Greg, but he took credit for his crash. [​IMG]

4. yoshinewmn

yoshinewmn white & nerdy

WHATS WRONG WITH T3 ,FORTH GEAR WIDE OPEN

OOOOO YA DONT FORGET TO TURN LEFT

5. Turbo Dog

I noticed after the race several people walking that section of track looking for something. I'm glad you said something about it. I was scared to push it through there the rest of the day...

6. novice#374

novice#374 Well-Known Member

Yeah that turn 3 crash was a doozey. I got a bodywork shower on the way thru! hope everyone got thru ok

7. Tracie46

Tracie46 Guest

T3 eats motorcycles and occasionally, riders.
    I guess it would be okay if you don't hold-on-to your bike after it has left pavement, it sounds good in theory but you just go thru there so darn fast that the term 'its all over but the cryin'' comes to mind... [​IMG]
    I hope whoever wrecked there this weekend is okay.

8. funksouljon

funksouljon Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was me. It seemed that I was missing a brake resevoir! Found it in the grass. And my windscreen in about 10 pieces. I don't know what caused the others, but I think I was too wide in the turn and hit one of the patches. Several friends who watched me go down had the same story. I was standing the bike up, rolling on the throttle, and the rear just snapped around. After my little temper tantrum at myself (that is the second time in turn 5!) I calmed down a bit and chalked it up to experiance. I had been crossing over patches all day and I think I finally hit a slick one.
    Good to hear they actually looked at the track to make sure it wasn't debris and just our bad luck.

9. Turbo Dog

I refer to it as "treacherous turn 3". For the sake of my fellow competitors, I didn't allow myself to stuff anyone in there. I'll wait till august for that move [​IMG]

10. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Greg and Jon are friends of mine so I was pretty pissed until they looked it over good. It seemed like too much of a coincidence at first for three of you guys to go down in the same area withing 2 laps. I'm glad everyone was okay. [​IMG]

11. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

[This message has been edited by RCjohn (edited 03-26-2002).]