1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roebling 9-17-00

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by Tracee Polcin, Sep 18, 2000.

1. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Arrived at the track at 5:30pm Friday. Set up the pits at the usual T5 position. Downed some beers and headed to the hotel.
    Saturday was just a practice day for me so that is what I did. Everything was working pretty good. Practice ends and it's beerthirty. Hung out and watched some decent racing. Went back to the hotel and cleaned up to get something to eat. Come back to the hotel after eating and pass right out.
    Sunday comes with the threat of a rain. I don't mind racing in the rain but at Roebling it's a different story. But the rain holds off till I am leaving the track. I am entered in D-SBK which is the 8th race of the day. Finally we get 3rd call and I'm ready to rock & roll. I take my spot on the grid and get a decent start. I'm running 4th when the red flag comes out. Make it back to the pits but my pitmate is missing and I believe I see his bike laying in the grass on the front stretch. I find out the he threw the chain at the start and a novice, David Gay, didn't have time to miss him. David took the brunt of the impact with some severe trauma to the leg. My pitmate, Patrick Harris, faired alot better with only a sprained wrist. So they get the mess cleaned up and we're ready to go again. I guess I can only start once per race because I blew the restart big time. It bogged off the line the worst it ever has to the point I thought it stalled. I had visions of the prior incident running through my head now, but it picked up and left me dead last of the experts. I couldn't gain anything on anybody and that is where I finished dead last. Not a great performance but at least I was going home in one piece.
    See everyone at the GNF's and good luck.

Tracee Polcin
    WERA EX #43
    TSP Racing, Team Bridgestone