1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Racing calorie burn

Discussion in 'General' started by Gino230, Jul 6, 2018.

1. khill

khill Well-Known Member

Depends on the rider and circumstances. For sure we have seen it increase during a "moment"

2. khill

khill Well-Known Member

Yes, it would be pretty exact if he had had previous V02 testing done for his fitness to establish his levels. I have yet to work with anyone in the US that has been that concerned with that exact of a calorie consumption for motorcycle riding.

Ken

3. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Wore a polar HRM around RRR for a race I think it was a 15 lap ccs race or something. It was really hot out and I didn't have the rear setup well so I was working hard on the 1k. HR was over 180 bpm almost the whole race. It was one of the hardest races for me that I remember though.

Ducti89 likes this.
  4. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Yeah the GT races are grueling. I can recall a Summit GTU race like 4-5 years ago. It was well over 100 degrees. I think like 4 guys just pull into the pits after five laps. A few more peeled off as the race progressed. That was a tough weekend.

5. Do you feel hungry and/or weak during the day? If so, then you might need more calories.

Do you feel bloated and/or groggy with a full belly? If so, then you might need less calories.

A few hundred calories one way or the other isn't going to hurt anything. I am not sure it needs to be an exact science.

6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I pretty much stick to a strict diet at the track of low cals, low fats and what not. :D

7. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Well we KNOW this is some bullshit ^^^!

No I don't think it needs to be exact. Over the years it has come up a few times and it made me wonder how much energy we are truly expending vs. other forms of exercise. In the last few years I have never felt like I was physically running out of energy during a race, so in that respect I'm happy with my program. Frees up brain cells to work on the mental aspect of riding fast.

Not to bring in the whole Fasting discussion, but in the past few months I have been experimenting with IF / reduced calorie intake. Not very scientific, just taking in less on days that I'm not doing as much physically (and not recovering from a big workout). It is surprising how little food you really need to sustain energy levels. At Barber I sort of did this unintentionally, because I drank so much fluid that I didn't feel I could eat anyway. So my food intake was very limited, at least until the evening.

8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

:D :D

Actually at the track and track weekends is when I eat like shit lol

But on the actual discussion, i do biking and various other forms or cardio for one reason. To make me faster on the bike. Bottom
    Line.

It’s like the we train for tactical operations, train so that when you are exhausted and fatigue sets in, you’re not only relying on gross
    motor skills (braking markers for us) but fine motor skills when your body is over exerted. Fine motor skills in our case means hitting the same apex the same time every time, being able to notice a tire letting go and compensating for it with BP.

This way when the shit hits the fan you rely on your training and fitness

Gino230 likes this.
  9. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

Like sitting at your desk in front of the computer for hours, eating doughnuts and drinking coffee while investigating financial crimes? :Poke:

:crackup:

Gorilla George likes this.