1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Atlanta

Discussion in 'General' started by Gino230, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Yeah I was looking at those tall pine trees.....

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

1 you stay on gas & look for the flag station on right then lean er in....going up hill to 2 has (or used too) some hash marks you can line up your entry into 2. Theres only 1 line unless you have knobbies...lol

3. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

1:36.9 is the fastest SV lap in the current configuration. A 1:46.5 shouldn't be a problem with 90 minutes of track time to get there. Let it rip.

4. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

There's 3 skinny pines at the top of 2. All you do is shoot straight for them. Braking leaned over going up into there will take some time especially if you're not coasting through the chicane. 5 actually isn't really all that fast. I saw someone with a trap gun there back at an old AMA race, and apex speed is in the mid 50's. 6 is definitely faster but its banked so much, its not a difficult turn by any stretch.

It was by far my favorite and best track.

5. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

I think 5 seems really fast because of the checkered curbs that are ripping by in your periphery. You ( really mean I) can't get thru 6 fast enough (cambered a lot more than it looks) but 7 will get your ass (off camberish on the outside). Jesus will be waiting for you in 10a...

TurboBlew and Phl218 like this.
  6. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Who’s side are you on here? Trying to get people to sit out the Twins race with you? Spend the money and try to make the grid!

That being said, there’s no way I’m driving 1000 miles to Atlanta to see if I can learn a new track in 90 minutes well enough to qualify. [shrug]

7. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

It's worth it...

TurboBlew, Phl218 and rcarson15 like this.
  8. More gas, less brake.

Gino230, Phl218 and baconologist like this.
  9. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I’m always on reality side

Not being a dick but he’s raced Barber many times and was like 8 seconds off pace on a track he’s raced...

Now throw in learning a new track, harder and faster and I would hate to see him waste thousands of dollars to try to qualify.

Nothing more nothing less

10. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I was told the same for the 600 class. That there are a lot of secrets to the track and unless you're a Toni Elias-esq rider or winning every WERA race, you're likely be lapped.

Maybe that wouldn't happen in twins but his point was it's a hard track to learn to go fast at And two blind practice sessions is a huge gamble .

11. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

I'm not yielding any of this advice. See you boys at Road Atl, be nice in P1. :D

5axis, ToofPic, Monsterdood and 4 others like this.
  12. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

What bike are you racing Gino?

13. Phl218

Phl218 .

upload_2019-2-15_10-39-51.png

ToofPic likes this.
  14. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

The SV, of course.
    It was 6 seconds, Pal, get your numbers straight! And it would have been only 5 seconds if you assholes would have stayed in the 35's where you belong.

5axis likes this.
  15. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Barber is a perfect example of carrying corner speed and keeping momentum. RA is exact yet faster and terrifing...

Focken get busy and balls up honky!!
    See you there

TLR67 and Gino230 like this.
  16. John Branch

John Branch 90125

Bring your BALLS:clap:

Gino230 likes this.
  17. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

just look at it! lol yellow areas are not used... i feel the most bumps where the red dots are leading downhill
    ROAD-ATLANTA-Track-Logo.jpg

18. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Still my second favorite track, number 1 being VIR.

19. John Branch

John Branch 90125

1995 1100 Suzuki cup finals I lost the front going down the Esses !My bike hit the hay bales went over the Armco barriers, and lucky for me some pine trees caught my bike and kept it from falling down a way! Big creek over there

ToofPic likes this.
  20. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Teaming up with Sean to kill roadracing? Not everyone can qualify/be competitive. The sport needs slow guys with money too. Even MotoGP has lappers. If he's having a good time and not screwing up anyone else's race why discourage him? IMO RA is not at all hard to learn (easier to go relatively fast than Barber), it's just higher speed in spots. Gino's spent plenty of time at Daytona right?

5axis, ToofPic and Phl218 like this.