1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

road atlanta practice

Discussion in 'General' started by CZHART320, Jul 21, 2017.

1. CZHART320

CZHART320 Well-Known Member

i did a search and nothing came up. I know it is a little ways away but wanted to see if they will be a practice day on the Friday before the race in sept at road a. thanks

2. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Never mind, wrong weekend. Doesn't look like there was a practice day last year.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We aren't doing one.

4. Brad Perdiew

Brad Perdiew Active Member

Awe shucks, will nobody be holding a track day that Friday? I was planning on bringing a couple people out from the west coast who have never ridden this track... Not sure it's the right move if it's just a 2 day no real practice type of event. I didn't even think of the possibility of a race weekend with no Friday practice [emoji50]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The vast majority of race weekends don't have Friday practice. Not sure why they wouldn't be able to race with the morning practices. It's also a Vintage weekend so there are Solos on Saturday for even more track time.

6. Brad Perdiew

Brad Perdiew Active Member

Hmmm. Every single weekend we do everywhere all year has a Friday, but I guess that's not the majority of race weekends, thanks for schooling me. It's not about can't... It's about us driving 26 hrs round trip and them flying cross country for only 2 days instead of 3, and on a few 4 lap practice sessions at 60% of race pace it just isn't really the kind of event we were all looking to participate in for that kind of time and cost investment. I'm sure if you think about it from a racers point of view trying to put together a fun weekend for you and your friends you would be able to understand. But thanks for telling me about the vast majority of events.
    Awe shucks. No big deal.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh good lord.

Was going to respond, never mind, no point.

8. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

Hurricane John may feel your pain and organise a Friday practice.

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  9. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I'm sure they were expecting participation medals as well

10. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Awe shucks? Is that like shuck and awe?

418 likes this.
  11. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Don't feed the arrogant troll.

notbostrom likes this.
  12. 9th place ribbons? Ya they have them all the way back to 10th :)

notbostrom and V5 Racer like this.
  13. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Shut uuuup!

t11ravis and Gorilla George like this.