1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Atlanta MotoAmerica july 31-

Discussion in 'General' started by pfhenry, Jul 12, 2020.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I think RH actually got a little miffed on the “yeah - data - that’s the same thing..”:crackup:

track wagon likes this.
  2. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Its funny but painful.

Yzasserina likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

T3-4 - new chicane, T6-7 lots more runoff using the hill that used to be at those turns in the infield, gravity cavity has a tunnel through it so it's a one higher along with the back straight being straighter into that area and a pair of 90 degree turns which also made it straighter under the bridge - which leads to the new t12, it's stright down the hill similar to the old pit lane layout but not as far left and totally straight to a 90 degree right that then goes straight down the front straight through the old t12. Not as exciting for the rider but much more fun as a fan.

4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

@Inquizid i couldn’t find an old aerial view but I posted a vid in the YouTube thread of an old SCCA race from the 80s where you can see gravity cavity as well as all the stuff Sean mentioned.

5. redtailracing

What’s with the whoops section in the gravel outside 10A? Don’t think ive ever noticed that before

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Always had ruts of some sort in the traps, flat gravel doesn't do a lot.

7. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Awesome. Thanks for the responses guys!

"...and now you know the rest of the story"

8. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

I've seen ruts but never seen whoops before! Toni barely made it over those things. Good to keep folks from blowing the chicane and cutting back on the track but if they end up back on the track upside down could get ugly.

9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

1:33 for a twins bike:eek:

Phl218 and 5axis like this.
  10. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Bred lord sent it

11. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I think I became a Cam Peterson fan after his interview for finishing 2nd place. He had zero excuses after he has been fighting brake issues. He simply stated they were better. I wish more riders had the same approach to not always winning.

12. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Cam is a class act.

13. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

So ss isn't live on mavtv?

14. RLH is about done with that dude.

track wagon and RRP like this.
  15. redtailracing

Man a bunch of people were complaining about him from round 1 and he didn’t really bother me. But now I’m on board. I really wish dude would just STFU and let roger handle it all.

track wagon and Circacee like this.
  16. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

SuperSport is on right now for me on MavTV.

17. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Escalante leaving Olmedo on the back straight reminds me of why I hated riding RoadATL on my slow SV against built bikes. Turn 7 is so slow that it's hard to stay close enough to a faster bike on the back straight to be able to stay in the draft. As opposed to a place like Roebling where the last corner before the straight is so fast that you basically enter the straight in the draft already.

18. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Maybe it started late?

19. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

No, started on time, there was a red flag, resumed. It's been so confusing today I've had MA streaming on my Kindle and have been hopping around on television, recording everything that has the word motorcycle in it.

20. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Great pass by SDK