1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Atlanta MotoAmerica july 31-

Discussion in 'General' started by pfhenry, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Forgive the newbness but how is Escalante able to ride a 636 vs a 600.. Aren't the extra CC's almost "cheating?"

2. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

lol

Yes, but the rules allow it....:D

3. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know whether its cheaper to enter the track on a motorcycle than in a car? The ticket website says VIP parking is $75 (does that mean inside the track?). It says normal parking is $10 (is that across the street?). I would ride my bike to the track if I could get in cheaper and ride to different corners to spectate.

4. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

The kawasaki 636 has been allowed on the class since at least 2013

5. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

I believe its a decision to make the competition "even," You're not wrong but they do that shit a ton. the Yamaha can only run a r-3 in liqui molly while hondra runs a 500 and the kawis are 400. In twins the suzukis are 650's and the yamahas are 07's the ducatis are always larger IDFK if there is that much in the "cheating" but im a noob too

6. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

It's only cheating if it's against the rules :rtfrb:

fastedyamaha likes this.
  7. No it’s all in the track, vip parking isn’t much special and not worth it.

TurboBlew and Badger911GT3 like this.
  8. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

50-50 chance of rain all weekend. I'd prepare for the worst, especially if you are camping. I feel that a few canopies will be left behind in trash cans in the infield this weekend.

9. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Kind of like the Kawasaki's weren't allowed to run Pirelli rubber.

10. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Mask requirements? Still same as it has been

11. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

How long will it be before he protests the R6 in supersport?

Suzuka_joe and redtailracing like this.
  12. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

hahaha.. If anything, I think HSBK will protest him over the 636 vs R6. Extra CC's!

13. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Anybody see the MALive+ schedule anywhere? Went to the site and it's still just showing Road America.

14. It’s going to be the awesome kind of rain too. 90 degree temps, will rain 30 min enough to get the track wet and hold a nice steady 75-80% humidity for the remainder of the day. It’s been doing it all week but oh well, I’ll park my Jeep in a viewing spot, have golf cart and Zuma plus can jump on a hauler need be. Do have a couple decent fans I mounted with GoPro suction mounts on the golf cart. It’s taken 10 years but I’m slowly adapting to summer misery here.

15. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

I'll have my avatar picture on my rear truck window tomorrow if anyone wants to hang out lol. I'm hoping to tent up around the inside of the kink.

Bugslayer likes this.
  16. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

17. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

still waiting on 22lbs to be added to escalante's bike.. Half second over SDK and 1.5s over Paasch goes a long way in a long race

stk0308 likes this.
  18. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Well it is an extra 36cc of displacement, so it would be fair to put some weight on it.
    With that said, I am doubtful if that 36cc is responsible for all of that 0.5 seconds and certainly not all of the 1.5 seconds to Paasch.

Good that PJ is out there, but he does seem to be struggling a bit. Hopefully he can improve over the weekend.

19. wheelz96

wheelz96 Well-Known Member

For your viewing pleasure... MA Free.jpeg

SundaySocial and The Great One like this.
  20. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I saw 3 of them get wasted a couple of weeks ago at a softball tournament and they all complained “but we had them staked down” and I just laughed. Mine was tied down to the backstop fence with two tie down straps and it didn’t move an inch.