1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Atlanta MotoAmerica july 31-

Discussion in 'General' started by pfhenry, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

There's a new LaQuinta right by the track.....stayed there for the N2 day. Nice.

Shenanigans and henry_carlson like this.
  2. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Race Week! Anyone fancy to log a prediction??

3. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

My prediction: It will be hot, humid and stormy and the reigning champ will win in Superbike

The rest of this is just guessing.
    Escalante in SS
    Doyle / Landers split Jr. Cup
    PJ in STK
    Landers in Twins

Quicktoy and henry_carlson like this.
  4. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Anyone sign up for the Aprilia track day on Monday? Not sure if they are going to allow load in Sunday night like last year. Surprised I haven’t received an instruction email yet either.

Prediction...
    Attendance will be down (sadly)
    Racing will be great, with Wyman and Herrin continuing to tell good underdog stories.

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

i had been signed up for the first Aprilia trackday in spring but i did not renew after it had been cancelled.

i will attend the races on Sunday though.

6. Looks like I’ll be there all weekend

7. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

I am coaching Monday. Talked with track yesterday to find out how the logisitics were going to work since I was going to already be there for MA. Told me they are clearing the track Sunday and I would have to spend the night outside the gate. Call the main number if you have any questions.

8. Inquizid

That’s the inside skinny I was looking for. Thanks!

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I predict I'll be happy to be at Grattan in cooler temps :D

JJJerry likes this.
  10. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

I'd be curious if you get the same info.

11. I’ll either be in the pits in ac , in my strategically parked Jeep in ac, or on my golf cart with a couple fans mounted :) Since little guy missed out on sx this year I promised him I’d bring him to the track for at least a couple days so the heat will suck but worth it. At 8 years old I didn’t get to go to even the dirt track much but when I did I still remember it being fun.

12. iomfan

iomfan Well-Known Member

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, well worth it no matter the weather.

14. I agree. Seems like the transition from 7 to 8 years old he’s really got into racing and he’s shockingly well versed on rider stats in sx and now moto gp.

t11ravis likes this.
  15. Inquizid

Well with that in mind I just called the track and they said we can come in and setup after 5:30pm on Sunday.

Phl218 likes this.
  16. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Is PJ racing? Any news on his burns healing?

Quicktoy likes this.
  17. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Where does MotoAmerica post the entry list?

18. henry_carlson

rafa likes this.
  19. henry_carlson

I havent seen anything on social media. He is on the entry list tho

20. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I'm hoping to receive a call back from my old boss this week confirming that I can come back to work for them (my job got eliminated with the Covid shit) and if that happens I'll be at Road Atlanta this weekend. But unfortunately can't justify spending the money to make the trip without knowing for sure that I'll be making money again soon. Hope to see some of you there.

cav115 and Senna like this.