1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Atlanta in July

Discussion in 'General' started by WERA, Jun 14, 2001.

1. WERA

WERA Administrator

Straight from the track - the practice day they are holding on Friday July 6th will cost $125 - not the $115 that was posted here somewhere earlier.

2. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Is there a gate fee too?

3. fin1exp

fin1exp Well-Known Member

Thanks MONGO man. [​IMG] uhh...I mean Wera official.

4. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

I doubt that was Mongo, he should be at VIR. I think it was Mrs. Mongo who posted that.

5. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

oh yeah, you'll have to buy your wrist band for the weekend, not practice, you get in on the practice fee.

well if they charge friday for the wrist band, obviuosly it'll be good for the rest of the week-end [​IMG]

6. StuartV666

StuartV666 Well-Known Member

Info on this appears to be at:
    http://www.roadatlanta.com/schedule.html

Is it really true that Open practice won't start until 2:30 in the afternoon? With actual track time starting at 4?

$125 for 3 hours of track time seems awfully steep!

- Stu

7. wera917

wera917 Well-Known Member

According to the schedule page it's all day ...

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Mrs. Mongo?? Don't let her hear that - she'd probably rip off you head and do what Mladin said down your neck [​IMG] I posted from VIR.

9. aip

aip Well-Known Member

Hey Mongo,

It is too late now but I think we should have made that Road A race a National.

Another option would be that 8/11 Roebling Road. Whataya think? Savannah in August...how bout a 6hr for the Endurance. [​IMG]

10. wrenn

wrenn Well-Known Member

heck lets go back to Talladega and go the OTHER DIRECTION....now that wold at least be something new. [​IMG]

11. aip

aip Well-Known Member

NO WAY Talladega is a go kart track.

SAVANNAH! I want a reason to go back!

12. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Jamie, that track has some serious pavement issues that need to be addressed before a National could be held there, IMO.

13. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Oops. I think I'm the one that posted that. I was close. [​IMG] Better than the original proposed $175.

14. StuartV666

StuartV666 Well-Known Member

Okay. Apparently, that was taken from here: http://www.roadatlanta.com/dates.html

So now, does anybody know if "all day" means rotating track sessions from 8am - 7pm (as described on the scheduled page - link I posted earlier)? If not, what does it mean? 8a - 5p? 8a - 2:30p?

Is it still $125, even though it's now "all day" instead of just 4p - 7p?

Thanks for any info.

- Stu

[This message has been edited by StuartV666 (edited 06-25-2001).]