1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road America - MotoAmerica Round 4

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, May 21, 2019.

1. Odilup

Odilup Well-Known Member

Another team protested. His (borrowed) bike was torn down to check cams. Everything was legit, somebody just got their feelings hurt because he rode the balls off that thing!

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

It's complicated.

3. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Ever hear of some second generation racer named Roberts ? You saying his title doesn't count ?

4. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Already asked and answered counselor.

5. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Kiss it

Metalhead likes this.
  6. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone protested. All three of us on the podium in race 2 had to pull cams.

Gino230, Pitmom42, cBJr and 2 others like this.
  7. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Rumor is they sealed the top end on the top three in the twins class also. Not sure what all they plan to look at.

Pitmom42 and DDK732 like this.
  8. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

You have to run the stock size valve diameters, maybe checking for that.

I get the impression that MA wants to show they will check anything and everything at any time in any class, just to keep everyone honest.

Pitmom42 and t11ravis like this.
  9. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Probably looking at bore and stroke mainly. Hopefully they will look at Cranks and flywheels also.

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I remember going to an AMA race at Cal Speedway in 2006ish and they were tearing apart motors, and spectators could watch. So they seal them now and look at another time?

11. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

You can choose, do it right there or seal the motor and do it by the end of the next event.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  12. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

You can do the tear down whenever. If your engine life is until the end of the season, you tear it down there.

13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow, so if you had an illegal engine you could mess around and race the rest of the year and then get DQ'd out of all results? Surprised the officials would allow it to linger so long.

I imagine a protest is that weekend, no ability to put it off?

14. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

When we got sealed, we were told it was for bore.

The only reason we opted to wait was because we had already planned to stay for testing on Monday and didn't want to pull it and have to put it back in to run.

This isn't the first time we've been sealed. It's my understanding the motor can be pulled and torn down to whatever extent is called for, at the end of its life or choosing... BUT, if you're found to be illegal, you forfiet the points you've gotten since the event where seals were applied.

15. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

I was told by MA tech at Road America that we had until the end of Sunday at Utah to produce our cams after they sealed our engine.

16. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

So don’t cheat and you need not worry about it. Our stuff gets sealed at least once a season. We continue to run it until end of lifing.

Steeltoe and r6boater like this.
  17. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

That’s unusual. But producing cams is much easier than producing a crank or rods or even pulling the head, so I could see that.

18. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

Yeah. It’s not a huge task at all. We just didn’t have time to do that and get our trailer loaded in time Sunday evening since half our crew had to catch early flights.

I’m guessing MA wants to know for sure before we get too far into the season. No biggie for us. We haven’t even opened that engine yet.

CR750 likes this.
  19. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Great ride by Mesa in both races, but especially the 2nd one! Dude is a beast! Hope he can figure out a way to make it to all the rounds and go for the championship.

sanee, Mot Okstef, Gino230 and 7 others like this.
  20. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Twins there was not a protest, MA called for the removal of the heads post race. The Ducati did it immediately and was released from tech. Draik and Dumas had their engines sealed.

PS I TOLD you guys it was a stock piston on that Duc, but all the keyboard warriors knew better based on the Road Atlanta video. HA-HA!

sdiver likes this.