1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road America further improvements

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Sep 20, 2021.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Recap of improvements that will be happening at Road America both this year and next year, not in any particular order.
    1) Track repave Oct 2022
    (Track will NOT be changed. Just repaved)
    2) Wisconsin Road America vehicle license plates available Oct 4, 2021
    3) New bathroom by T6
    4) New wall and tire barrier system replacing the armco and tires that are currently at T9-10
    5) Remove part of the hill on the inside and push the wall back at T11. (thinking this is to appease the NASCAR babies)
    6) Replacing the Speedville bridge at the Carousel with a new bridge that includes a pedestrian walkway similar to the Corvette bridge that spans T6.
    7) Moving the T5 video screen to T3. T5 will be getting a larger screen.
    8) Continue installing the new sound system from T7 on. Those that have heard the new sound system, pretty incredible, going from tinny megaphone speakers to something you can actually hear clearly over the cars.

henry_carlson, khill, G2G and 2 others like this.
  2. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Cool, where did you get this info?

Ever since they put the bridge over the track right before the bend/kink and opened up that area, I have been waiting for some additional improvements there. It's a great spot to spectate, you are very close to the track, some great passing entry/mid/exit from the bends. But there are only two small bleachers and no PA system. I think they are underutilizing a great spot there.

3. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Awesome. I love that track.

4. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Mid O management are you listening???????

cpettit, RRP, JBall and 2 others like this.
  5. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

My favorite spot to watch. It would be nice if it wasn’t a sandy mess anymore.

6. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Now if @Mongo can get a round there we can actually race there again. I hear the new management are complete pricks

7. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I wandered that entire place last summer pushing a two kid wagon for IMSA weekend and, fan perspective, the sausage bridge is the only thing that NEEDS replaced. Otherwise, any improvements will be welcome, but that's already one of my favorite tracks to walk and spectate.

8. DrA5

I'm a shareholder, so it was discussed earlier this year, but also one of the employees reiterated this and laid out the plans over the weekend.

stk0308 and YamahaRick like this.
  9. acorn27

Nice, thanks for sharing. Always great to see all the improvements that are made each year. They are really doing a great job keeping it an awesome place to go for all kinds of events.

sbk1198 likes this.
  10. DrA5

Now if the track would just do something about spectator traffic after the event. For all major events, if you are watching from Turns 5-8, you are at a standstill for about 2 hours waiting to get out of the track. The bottleneck issue is the access road intersection by the Sargento Bridge. That needs serious attention.

11. acorn27

That's why I usually park near T3. The exit gate is real close, right turn on J and it's smooth sailing.

12. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Shhhh - don't let everyone know :D

5axis likes this.
  13. rwdfun

rwdfun

Doubtful