1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Putter

Discussion in 'General' started by CB186, Oct 1, 2017.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I'm in also.

2. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

3. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Count me in too.

4. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

+1

5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I have a few shekels I can contribute.

Mot Okstef likes this.
  6. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Got a nice cash sale yesterday that's burning a hole in my pocket. Any word?

7. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

In.

The beeb has been there for me in a great time of need. It's only right I return the favor

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Someone might need to step up and organize this :crackup:

Serious question - lets start with who is close enough to get in touch with her mom?

10. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I sent 2 messages but haven't had any response. I am going the backup route and will have an answer shortly.

Thanks guys!

panthercity likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sweet.

12. Hyperdyne

I sent a message through FB but I don;t think she uses is frequently enough to see it. I am going to Ping Chad and see if he can put us together.

13. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

14. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

15. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

dare I say a GoFundMe? :ducks:

17. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Godundme isn’t bad. Yes they take a fee but the platform is great and makes it easy. I think the fee is probably offset by the increase in donations due to it being convenient.

Otherwise something like this would be easy to do through PayPal.

sheepofblue likes this.
  18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Hyperdyne thought of it, why not just have everybody mail him checks or Paypal donations if he has an account, set a cut-off date to effect a purchase or whatever and use the time between now and then to decide what to use the money for exactly.
    No need for a GoFundMe if you're just collecting from his friends here.
    Let's go old school.

jrsamples and panthercity like this.
  19. Hyperdyne

We have liftoff folks. I'll post up the plan shortly once mom tells me what's on the list. Just understand guys this is a tough thing for both mom and daughter so I am trying to respect boundaries. Nonetheless we will make Putter proud and his daughter has a great Christmas.

20. Hyperdyne

Ok boys and girls, here is the plan..

Kaitlyn is a very simple girl who loves to read and doesn't want or ask for anything but I am thinking we can make life pretty good for her. The list her mom gave me is easily done within $500. So even if you can give $5, it will count. I will do this through paypal and make things extremely easy and transparent. I put in $100 to the kitty so we hope to have extra. The wife and girls will be assigned shopping duty for her in such case.

The paypal address to use is [email protected]. The cutoff date will be December 15 so we can get everything shipped in time.

If you have any ideas or want to do something special, just send me a PM.

I have one special request: In the explanation section, please leave a special note for Kaitlyn with your name or maybe a special memory of Putter if you knew him well. I am going to cut each of them out and put them together in a special memoir for her.

Thank you to everyone in advance. Whole heartedly I sincerely hope each of you understands how special this will be for her. Just to share a small piece of her appreciation, here is a message from Kaitlyn's mom:

"Thank you from the bottom of my heart I am so appreciative for all the love and support we are receiving. God bless you and the whole WERA family!!"

Cheers boys,

Ben

Lawn Dart, scottn, G Dawg and 2 others like this.