1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Nicky

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, May 22, 2017.

1. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

Great pic - This shows how small the Haydens were when they started racing - There was a joke going around the paddocks in those days - That a young Hayden weighing less than 100lbs, + a RS125 at 125lbs was less total weight than some of the Beefy Midwestern *riders* they raced against! :crackup:

YamRZ350 and Banditracer like this.
  2. cf

cf Well-Known Member

TurboBlew, Hordboy, scottn and 3 others like this.
  3. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

That's an awesome story

4. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Another set of watery eyes.

5. 418

418 Expert #59

Holy shit.

That has to happen. That flag needs to come home.

Funkm05 and condon66 like this.
  6. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Abso-fucking-lutely!!! It would mean so, so much to Earl.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

8. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Wow!

Sure is dusty in here....

vfrket likes this.
  9. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

Just read the flag story... :flag:

Tears.....

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Still can't watch videos.

E Reed, baconologist and Repo Man 32 like this.
  11. Quig

Quig Well-Known Member

When I realized that wasn't Earl with his arm around Nicky's shoulder as he cried his eyes out on track that fateful day at Valencia I assumed it was a crew member. Reading the flag story just adds to the already overwhelming tale that has unfolded since Nicky's passing. In yet another, in a seemingly endless list of examples, we are reminded of why so many of us held him in such high regard. I'm still shell-shocked that he's gone... it just can't be real. And although as much as I don't want it to be, I know it is. While life can be so fucking cruel, out of that cruelty we are reminded that there are some pretty amazing people in this world and unfortunately we just lost a shining example. Too say he will be sorely missed is an enormous understatement. :flag:

Repo Man 32 and Wingnut like this.
  12. Think there's a windstorm kicking up dust. Or pollen.

Repo Man 32 likes this.
  13. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

No way I'm watching Earl's video

14. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Damn the flag story got me crying at work again

15. Wife just came home from a business trip and she was asking about earls book I have. We watched the video and the sun must have been really bright because my eyes started watering and I had to put my sunglasses on.

16. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

Quite a few of the Nascar folks out honoring Nicky today with a 69 mile ride. (from Twitter)

Josh Wise‏ @Josh_Wise

It's amazing to see how many people Nicky Hayden touched. 69 miles in his memory today. A few people showed up. #NH69 #kentuckykid

[​IMG]

ekraft84, BigBird, noles19 and 11 others like this.
  17. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

My son and I are riding to Owensboro Monday and really for no particular reason. We just feel the need to go there.

XFBO, BigBird, stk0308 and 2 others like this.
  18. ow01

ow01 Well-Known Member

You guys in the area should try to organize a "Highway of Heroes" homecoming for Nicky. Fire trucks, police cars, ambulances etc.

19. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I did a ride this week wearing my Repsol Honda jersey and bibs in his honor.

20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I was at the Ducati factory in Bologna on Wednesday. The flags are at half staff there, and I was coincidentally present when the entire factory observed a minute of silence for Nicky at 15:00. The overall mood was very somber. It still doesn't seem possible or real. I'll be in denial about this for a while.

XFBO, Banditracer, 418 and 1 other person like this.