1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Murray Walker

Discussion in 'General' started by ton, Mar 13, 2021.

1. ton

ton Arf!

Jedb and Yzasserina like this.
  2. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I just read the news. RIP :(

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Bummer, RIP

4. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Iconic voice, massively enthusiastic man. Motorsports in Ireland/UK with Murray commentating just made the events so much more exciting. RIP Mr. Walker :(

5. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

To be honest he used to drive me mad when he commentated on bike or car racing in the UK, he got so much wrong, however, his written stuff was pretty good and I thoroughly enjoyed his autobiography. It was funny that a lot of the advertising sayings I grew up with as a child were coined by him, I didn't know that until I read his book. What hasn't been covered by the press in the UK is the fact that his first and foremost love was motorcycles.

Yzasserina likes this.
  6. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

"If the ball had gone in the back of the net it would have been a goal." I loved Murray. I try to compare him him with Dreb, Dreb always wins, IMHO, but they are close.

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

"De Cesaris managed to keep it on the island"

Always loved that image, and DeCrasheris was quite the character.

Yes, from that pilot's reference, it's that long ago that I started to be royally bored silly by F1....

8. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

"Do my eyes deceive me or does (forgot driver name)'s motor sound a bit off?"

Kev59 likes this.
  9. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

"Here's the front row for the 250cc British Grand Prix and there is Reinhold Roth riding the German."

10. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I'd highly recommend watching "Murray Walker, Life in the Fast Lane" if you are able to find it somewhere. I think I watched it on BBC, but it may be available on one of the streaming services. RIP to a legend.

11. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Ugh. What a legendary commentator! I grew up with him calling F1 races in the 80’s.

Well, he’ll go have a pint with the boys at a nice pub upstairs.

12. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

RIP to an absolute legend!!!!

t