1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Mac Davis

Discussion in 'General' started by zertrider, Sep 30, 2020.

1. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

As a kid, anytime we were on the road in my parents motorhome, we were listening to his cassette. Got a CD from my mom years ago and brings me back to some great memories. Wrote a ton of music and some big hits for Elvis Presley.

"Lord its hard to be humble when you're perfect in every way "

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

“Hell, Poot, we're all whores; might as well be the best.”

3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

And Helen Reddy

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

This year just keeps sucking harder and harder. R.I.P Music Man.

5. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

"I Am Dead" :D

6. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Woke up to those two having died this morning......Shit I hate that!
    Mr. Davis was a pretty darned talented I always remember his role in North Dallas Forty ..a pretty good "football film".
    And the songs man...the songs "Baby don't get hooked on me" and of course "In the Ghetto"
    We can watch & listen to him ....that's a treat... he ain't gone!
    And Helen Reddy...not my butperdonsl music but appreciated her and her convictions, certainly part of a era gone bye... Hats off and RIP to each

7. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

I recall watching the Mac Davis Show or what ever it was called and he would ask a audience members name and then make up a diddy about the name on the spot .

G Dawg likes this.
  8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

:(

Buell1965 likes this.
  9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

10. Slick-101

Slick-101 Well-Known Member

I suppose folks our age are prone to nostalgia when artists like this pass. I was in grade school when my mom would play his music all the time. Really takes me back. He had a song call Biff the friendly purple bear. Cats in the cradle type song and for some reason, it sticks in my head when his name comes up. I doubt many people ever even heard it but it must have been on some album my mom had. RIP. I did like the North Dallas 40 film too.